4/12/2010

Getting into the swing of things

My poor Ugly Betty died on Saturday. I had two puppies born in November that we were sorta attached to from the liter of 8 Peanut had with my Baloo but Ugly Betty was going to my mother in law's house. She really gravitated to her when she came to visit even though she was such an ugly puppy. We really thought she was going to die because she was the runt and she was soo much smaller than the other dogs. She was short but stubby and such a gentle dog. She was adventurous which is what got her in trouble. She got out of our yard several times and didn't have all her parvo shots so she got parvo and went downhill quickly. We tried to save her but it was too late. She died on the way to the vet on Saturday afternoon. Now we are trying to make sure Cora stays healthy. She was showing parvo signs yesterday but we've been giving her antibiotics, pedialyte to keep her hydrated and a high caloric gel as a nutrition supplement as she won't eat much on her own. The vet said the key to getting them through Parvo is too keep them hydrated and their nutrition up. She looks MUCH better today and we are keeping a very close eye on her.

Weight Loss update - Day 3 of 35 (reminder, my goal is to loose 20 pounds in 35 days, not 33 as previously stated)
So weight loss related. I was very active all weekend and since making my decision to lose 20 pounds in 35 days I have really tried to scale back on the EVOO on my salads and the cheeses. I was creative this weekend and made myself some brocoli slaw meatball soup. I threw in some green beans and flavored it a bit using tomato paste, pepper and some sea salt. I usually wait until things are cooked to add sea salt. Anyway, had a weight drop of 2 pounds this weekend which was great! My body fat is at 47.5% again. It had gone up on Saturday then went back down but I think it's still .5% higher than it was Friday morning. Weight is at 235 now and can't wait to get to 229! I hope that with my increased workouts I will continue to drop weight like this! They were unintentional workouts too, just out with my dogs, out with my family being active. So here is a summary (I had to do this for myself):

Official start date: 3/30/10 - 244 pounds - 48.5% body fat
Weight on 4/03/10 - 239.6 - not sure body fat
Weight on 4/05/10 - 237.2 - 48%
Weight on 4/07/10 - 237.2 - 47%
Weight on 4/09/10 - 237 - 47%
Weight on 4/12/10 - 235 - 47.5%
Pounds left to loose before 5/14 = 18
Loss since start = 11 pounds

0 comments: