4/19/2010

Day 10 of 35

Day 10 and I have nothing to show for it except an increase in weight that is! I weighed in this AM at 239.6! That is like 4.6 pounds TOO many. I weighed in on saturday to a measely 234.8 which was only .2 pounds less and I was already dissapointed about that. BUT, my body fat was down to 46% which tells me that I am retaining water. The reason is that I have not taken my blood pressure meds all weekend. I worked out on Saturday, took the dogs for a nice walk and jogged with Baloo. Had my usualy light breakfast, I did have a few (like 6) small peices of potatos but I've done that before. We bought lunch but my hubby made a special trip to a seafood restaurant to buy me ceviche which is fish/shrimp cooked in lemon with chopped tomato, cilantro and onion. I had tostadas with it but nothing out of my "allowance". They had Taco Bell. Then for dinner, I had a babyshower to go to, El Torito, I had a few (literally) chips and salsa, not a deal breaker. Then I ordered Tortilla Soup! Everyone had these HUGE platters but I was satisfied and happy that I chose the best thing on the menu AND I didn't even finish it. Sunday, I had a one egg omelette with like 2 peices of bell peppers and onions. I said NO CHEESE, NO SAUSAGE and opted for 3 straberries and a banana. Dinner was 2 grilled eggs, beans (no fat) and 2 grilled pcs. of ham (the Costco LEAN HAM) has .5 grams of fat and 1 carb. So to wake up to such a gain I might as well should have pigged out! But, I am sure it will all fall off by Tues.

I asked God to help me with this. It's hard staying motivated and I know that this weight may not be falling off as easily, even though I've started to work out because I am no longer focusing on my weight for health reasons. My focus has shifted to losing weight for looks and for "fitting into" clothes. Although that is nice and everything, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to FEEL good about the way you look, it should not be the main focus. So I think that if I refocus on WHY I started to eat better and not concentrate so much on weight and how much i've lost, I'll regain my perspective. I'm thinking I should stop weighing but I think I need to pray about that. Maybe I will move to weighing in once or twice a week. Maybe Tuesdays and Saturdays?

I came in this morning, worked out and then clocked in. I only walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes though. I need to start getting here earlier to work out LONGER otherwise, lugging all this stuff to work for 15 minutes work outs is NOT worth it. I may just need to switch to working out at lunch and just change into my gym clothes and back. We'll see.

Well that's it for now, I need to get back to work. God Bless.

0 comments: