5/02/2008

Day 1 of 90

I didn't even have time to post yesterday! Too too busy. I am back down in weight and have lost .4 more pounds which is almost half a pound :-) BUT today is my 1 month anniversary and I was supposed to be down 20 pounds to meet my 80 pound weight loss mark by July. I guess I will just really have to stick to program. I've been drinking shakes for breakfast and snack but low carbing it for lunch and dinner. I've been pretty good but I start to push my limits so I'm going back to just a lean dinner. I have to or I will see myself up 15 pounds quickly. Plus I have NOT worked out all week which is why I seriosuly think I have been so tired all week. I mean it's like I can't get enough sleep. Totally not me. If I didn't have the IUD in place and if I had other pregnancy symptoms I'd say I was pregnant (I'm not though)..I'm getting my "scheduled" AF in a few days and I can tell it's coming. Anyway, I am going to ask my husband to go with me to the beach today so I can do the killer stairs. I am going to scare this tiredness off of me or something!! When I stay indoors.....I want to snack. Grant it I snack on a few almonds and soy nuts but still! Soon enough it will be chocolate and we have WAAAY too much See's candy in this house (alexis's fundraising candy).

Today is our church banquet and I am planning on wearing a pretty cute dress I'm just hoping I look OK in it. I tried it on last week and it fit. We've prayed about what to give as a cash gift but this year we are just going to do our weekly commitments. A lot of people are giving thousands of dollars but we just don't have that. When we get our tax rebate check we are giving more than half of it to the church and I think we are going to give $35 or more weekly besides our tithe and bus ministry. Equal sacrifice not equal giving.

I've started looking into starting my own little business. It's very preliminary but I've gone to the City twice about getting my business license and I also attended a free seminar given by the city yesterday. I talked to my sister yesterday and she's willing to invest in my little venture so that was very re-assuring. I may not need her help though which is always a plus but we'll see. Costs add up faster than you think. Anyway, I will share more of this little plan I have when it starts to take off. I think the devil has been really discouraging me to go for it but I think a lot of people that start their own business feel insecure...true some make it and some don't but it's worth a try! Yesterday's message was great. I felt like it confirmed that I was reaching out for the right thing. God Bless!

Deuteronomy 8:18

But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Go for it GIRL! That's awesome. I'll be praying for your success. Remember to dedicate the first parts to God- for if the root is holy, the fruit is holy.