5/19/2008

Day 1 of 73

So I've been sort of down since Friday. I've been on the verge on tears just about all weekend. I got a call from my sister on Thursday about my brother. He's been struggling with addiction to pain killers and who knows what else. He's a young guy has everything going for him but this addiction is getting to be quite noticeable. Everyone is calling me to talk to him about it but I'm 400 miles away and he won't answer my calls. I'm the only one he'll really talk to. My husband talked to our Reformer's Unanimous Director about what he thinks we should do. Should we drive out there and try to get him into a drug program? Should we stage an intervention so that he realizes that we care about him and he needs to see that his addictions are hurting him and his family? Well, he recommended that my husband fly out to San Jose alone so that my brother realizes that he went out there, on his own, just to talk to him about what is going on. My husband is pretty raw and I think that's what he needs. So that's the plan. I called a couple of drug recovery counselors and one highly recommended that we read a book called "Get your loved on Sober: Alternatives to nagging, pleading and Threatening". I tried looking at Border's but they didn't have it so I'm going to run to Barnes & Nobles on my lunch. Hopefully they have it. Once my husband talks to him about it. I'm going to make a special trip out there alone as well. I don't want him to end up in jail or hooked on drugs for the rest of his life.

So besides that, my husband has been a little on the edge lately as well. He's ready to be in a house. I think he's outgrown the fact that we are still renting. His job is not a steady one and with his back, he can't really go back to working as a Carpenter. He's gotten to the point where he makes great money - when he works. The Union is slow in work but when he does work his back totally goes out on him so it's not like we can really afford a mortgage. He wants to REALLY move to Clovis. I'm ready for my kids to have a home too BUT I'm not moving unless God gives us the ok on it.

There's just so many things that are bugging me right now and I just have to keep giving it to God and pray that everything works out the way He intends it to work out. He is so merciful and continues to be so I really should not let any of these things bother me.

The weekend also brough on a 1 pound gain. AF is here and I am hoping it's mostly water weight. I scrubbed my house down on Saturday and was sweating like nobody's business. Then we went to my co-workers house so my husband could do more plumbing work. He has a really nice house with a pool so we went swimming to cool off from the 100 heat weather! I got a little tan on my super white shoulders. I have a total farmer's tan so I got a little color to match my arms...LOL. I came to work today to get some things worked on that my boss requested us to do before tomorrow's meeting so till later. God Bless!

0 comments: