4/23/2008

Day 1 of 99...

So I'm in the 90's now and I don't feel as excited as I should be. Primarily because in 20 days I have only lost 14 poounds. I thought it would be more!! I mean I pretty much have stalled out after the first week. BUT I must not lie and say I am not FEELING the results. Yesterday I wore a red shirt I could not even get close to buttoning up and it was a size 14...it was still a little tighty and more so when I sat down but I was really a size 20 only 3 weeks ago! My body fat went down another 1/2 percent so I AM loosing body fat, just not weight!!

I went for another run at the beach last night. This time I made Alexis go with me and she was getting to my nerves because she complained the whole time and she kept staying WAAAY behind. I would have to stop and wait for her because there are just too many weirdo's especially in Long Beach and I didn't want to loose sight of her.I'm still going to make her come with me because she has about 15 pounds she needs to loose as well and this is the only way I am going to get her to be active. She started her "healthy" eating today. I made her a Turkey burger in the George forman grill wrapped in lettuce with grilled onions, pickles and other yummy things to fill her up at lunch. My two other one's kept fighting in the stroller and I had to keep separating them. I gave them a last stern warning and they both knew I was serious. I gave them their juice and crackers and they were fine the rest of the time.

The highlight of the day was when I was jogging and one other jogger looked at my kids, then me, (sweating my butt off and huffing and puffing) said "You go Mom!"....that felt so good because I realized that I was REALLY trying this time and I am so totally enjoying it. Never in a million years would you catch me running, and now I'm running a little more every day and loving it!

I'm going to be gone tomorrow and Friday to our annual ladies conference and will be back on Saturday afternoon. I am going to try my very hardest to make good eating choices while I am away. Shakes during the day and evening Lean and Green. God Bless!

1 comments:

Julie said...

I agree... GOOOO MOM!

:) 190's! WOW! That's so awesome, lady. Take a step back and look at how much you have accomplished. Remember how you felt prior to starting weight loss- lathargic, icky, down. Now, you are running, in control of your eating (by God's grace), and moving toward goal. 14 pounds is a lot of weight (go to the grocery store and pick up 3 5 pound bags of potatoes)! And- you are right, all that exercise can be misleading on the scale because you are gaining so much muscle mass. I'm super proud of you!!!!