4/04/2008

Day 1 of 118

Wow..so many emotions in one day can wear one out. I needed church yesterday and I didn't get to go because of my sick son. Fever, day 3 of hardly any eating, and all the good stuff that comes out of the body when one is sick. I haven't caught it...YET. We had a guest preacher last night and according to my husband I must listen to it! Apparantly it's something we all needed to hear. I have a feeling it's going to convict me to no end. I'm currently dissecting the book of Romans but finding it super difficult with my kids. Hopefully I will get some peace and quiet today at some point. Today is Reformers Unanimous program and I need to follow up with a few ladies that are in my group that have not come.

Did I mention that we started going out on a new bus route for church on Saturdays? God had been banging at our door to dedicate our Saturdays to SOMETHING. Pastor asked my husband if we would join the bus ministry and we agreed. God had been preparing our hearts. Our course I didn't want to give up Saturdays! It's our selfish nature! We've been going to the city of Wilmington trying to get some parents and kids to come. It's mostly for kids but the parents are welcome of course! It's been a little tough and I got a little discouraged last week for a brief moment but I know that it's the devil. I know that there's going to be at least ONE kid that will come up to live for Him. There are so many dedicated workers and this bus route will grow. There is already about 300 kids that get picked up every Sunday from inner city Long Beach. There are quite a few bus kids from years past that are now in the ministry and some have surrendered to the missions field.

So emotions...what a rollercoaster I have been. I need to work on controlling myself under severly stressful situations. Like I mentioned yesterday, I think God really wants me to work in this area which is why I have been in like the worst case scenarios. I just get upset and mostly emotional about having to do EVERYTHING at home while my husband is at school or just not here (for legitemate reasons of course). My daughter has not been coming home to help me out with the kids after school as she's been out raising money for the new building at our church. She made a commitment to raise $1000 and she goes candy selling with a lot of the girls. My husband is taking the Earning for Learning kids out candy selling as well. It's funny how God answers your prayers but it's not always exactly as you envisioned it. I prayed for my husband to get much closer to God and he's getting to do that now. Here I am complaining! I'm just lonely I suppose. I need to get out for my lunch break today, I'll have my kids today early this afternoon so I am going to go for a nice long walk with them.

Ok weight loss - 2.6 more pounds. Total loss thus far is 4.8 pounds in 3 days. I think I will probably drop 10 pounds the first week which will most likely be water weight. My fingers feel so much better and my face does not look so swollen! Today I start back on my Metformin, I've been scared to take it because of the headaches it inititally gives me and being on new lifestlye I read you will get headaches in the beginning. I didn't want to give up because of the killer migraines so I held off. I've been taking my blood pressure meds early but by the evening I feel my pressure is elevated. I think I may need to go back to adding a second pill for the day. Sucks but I will only have to do this until i drop all my weight. I get even more woozy and tired with the second dose of meds. I will hopefully only need to take one pill once I drop all this weight! Gotta get back to work so God Bless!

0 comments: