4/20/2008

Day 1 of 102


I've totally stunk at sticking strictly to my shakes this weekend. I pretty much stuck to plan yesterday but I cooked a HUGE dinner at my house last night and we invited 2 couples from our church to come over and eat. I had totally forgotten and I had plans to come home, change and head to the open air markets to search for a used double stroller BUT my husband reminded me of the dinner and I was totally MAD! I've been stuck at home besides going out to work out with my kids so I changed, and I had Lauren over my house (16 year old girl that calls me mom because she has no mom and her dad doesn't really care about spending time with her). Anyway, she was over and I had them scrubbing my house down.

Then I started making Pozole which is like a spicy soup with hominy and lean pork. Some people put really fatty pork meat but I don't like that. You add chopped fresh cabbage to it once served and you sprinkle purple onion and sliced radishes (not everyone likes radishes). Served that with tostadas & lime. Then I made rice, beans and chicken taquitos with guacamole for the kids. We ended up having 6 adults, 2 of the bus kids that wanted to stay (my husband took them out candy selling earlier in the day and they were begging not to get taken home), 3 teenagers, and 6 kids ages 11-2. THAT was a lot of people! I guess that totalled to 17 people?!! So I lost track of my soup intake a bit but I really don't think I over did it too much. I had shakes all day and that dinner. Then today I had a little kid bowl of pozole for breakfast.

I broke down and weighed myself Friday! I lost 1 POUND!!! The problem is that the zero is missing from that number. My body fat went down 2% so I think I might of gained muscle. I KNOW I have lost weight because I can tell and I tried a slew of clothing on on Friday and my shirts fit!!!! I worked out on Signal Hill because I didn't feel like going to the beach. I went around 3 hills, 2 major killer hills pushing my 2 kids in the stroller. I can't believe I did that. It felt really good. I almost wanted to cry because I'm really pushing myself to workout and it feels really good! Anyway, I am baking cookies for the bus kids today so I gotta get to baking. I'm tired so I might take a 20 minute nap before the evening church services. Chat tomorrow. God Bless.

0 comments: