2/08/2008

Motivation

I haven't added photos to my flikr since like forever so gotta work on that this weekend. I've spent two birthdays at my parents house and when I turned 30, two weeks before I got pregnant with my 3rd child, I was getting to my thinnest weight and I was really proud of what I had accomplished. This year I was at my biggest weight to date. Quite depressing and it would be more depressing if I wasn't doing anything about it. I've lost 14 pounds since my "fatest picture EVER" (not to mention I look like cousin "IT" with THAT hair) but I am still big. I've got some weight to drop before I get there but I am making my way there and that's what counts. Seriously, I can't even LOOK at that picture for long but I HAVE to make myself look at it. I don't see myself that fat, but I am....



My long lost best friend, who stopped talking to us because we were Baptist Christians instead of just regular christians I guess, has been e-mailing me lately. I wonder if God's been convicting her of her decision to cut us out of her life? I was very confused and didn't understand why she did that. I mean, I would understand if I was an atheist and her a devout christian and we butted heads constantly and had NOTHING in common, but we believe in the same God, Salvation by grace through faith, as a free gift of God, through Jesus Christ our Savior. My christianity is not really different from hers except for TWO things that I KNOW bugged her really bad about our church....in our denomination we don't have women preachers and we don't listen to rock christian music, there are a few other things but those TWO things is what she was really peeved about. She wants to be a preacher and she listens to rock christian music. I am totally NOT judging her because I mean, to me, there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't say in the bible that a christian cannot listen to rock music, but I've come to see that it does lead christian astray. I would of never cut off my friendship with her over that. In fact, that sounds ludicrous. Anyway....she starting by sending me e-cards and asking me a question here and there which she hasn't done in a couple of years...I stopped trying to communicate with her and trying to basically convince her that I was a person just like her and now she's starting to make the effort I suppose.

So tomorrow me and my husband are going to go to the Long Beach Marine Boat Auction! I am SOOOOO excited. We are SO close to having our boat up and running! This weekend after the auction, Brother John and his dad, which are excellent car and boat mechanics are coming over for lunch AND to help my husband put together the motor that's going to go on our boat! We are also supposed to go to Los Angeles to pick out the carpet that's going to go on the boat. The one it has now has to be replaced. I can't wait to take my kids on a cruise on our little boat! There are tons of canal type water areas (connected to the ocean) that we can cruise on....so exciting and a blessing from God!

Hope you have an excellent weekend! God Bless.

0 comments: