2/19/2008

Life

Life has just been passing me by! I can't believe how fast time flies. It's scary and sad but yet good in a weird way. I am in such a weird mood! I have been so busy trying to get my house clean for the past two weeks! I mean don't get me wrong my house is pretty clean but when it comes down to getting to the real cleaning it was so totally not. I have literally been scrubbing walls and getting rid of older furniture and just things that I don't need anymore. Saturday we went and picked up our new sofa. I basically got it for $650 (includes the rental of a U-haul trailer). I decided to buy a used sofa because A) I didn't want to spend $1400 for a badly built sofa that looked nice on the outside but was made of cheap materials and bad construction B) I would of had to of paid $100 for scotch guard and last but not least TAX. So I got this couch from this rich couple that basically changed their minds on the color of the sofa they wanted in their family room and they paid over $2,000 for it AND got the best scotch guard on it. Bonus was they got it cleaned for us before we picked it up and spent almost $200 doing that alone. So I think it was a super great deal. THEN I bought a patio set for $30 from some couple moving to Washington.


We were just going to move our old couches out but while we were moving things out of the house to make room for our new and improved sofa, we realized how dirty our white carpet was. So off my husband ran to rent a commericial grade carpet cleaning machine that only costs $20 to rent AND does an excellent job at cleaning. Don't get me wrong the thing is heavy and will kick your butt. Let's just say that on Sunday, we were all exausted and didn't even make it to church. I was in SO much pain because of all the work we did, I had to keep poppin Ibuprofen every 4 hours. My arms were killing me. Sunday we went to JCPENNEY bought new drapes, had the worst time with customer rep and the district manager gave us a HUGE discount on anything we were going to buy the next day. I ended up buying a very very nice rug for living room (chocolate brown) for $28. Original price was $170.

Yesterday we cleaned out our garage and I think my husband is a bit relieved about that. I seriously think that was getting to him. He wants to fix the boat, he wants to get the motor running for the boat but things were in the way! So we got rid of things and now I feel better too!

Ok well I am at work today and have tons of things to do. Till later! God bless.

0 comments: