2/25/2008

Running away

Lately I have had this crazy urge to just leave Long Beach and move far from here. I think I let little things get to me. My mind is just nutty...it's a combination of my small place, but then I come to realize how good I have it. I am irrational most of the time so I have to stop and process these thoughts.

Yesterday someone mentioned to me that they were no longer going to be going to our Reformer's group at church (addictions program) and she told me that her son wasn't going to be going either because he feels very depressed afterwards. He stuggled with addictions for years, he's a young guy and actually had a child with a girl while they were both addicted to drugs....ANYWAY..the reason he thinks he feels depressed is because he feels he is revisiting all the bad memories from when he was on drugs. I think this is kinda maybe how my husband is feeling. I feel like this sometimes too! I love RU though and the ladies in my group that I God has blessed me to counsel but I feel depressed after it's all over! My husband for sure. I think he has a calling to work with boys with no father figure. He really has a heart for them because I think he understands them. These boys gravitate to my husband. He is very very straight-to-the point type of person and will not lie to you if you ask him to be honest. He's like this especially with these boys and they look for him at church all the time. Some of these single mom's although they try to provide as much as possible for their boys, they can never take the place of a father. Last night, pastor was very passionate about DOING SOMETHING about it!! He told everyone "I know the Holy Spririt has put SOMETHING in your heart and you need to come and talk to me so we can discuss this and possible act on what is being placed in our hearts".

The Holy spirit has placed the same exact feeling in my heart for my husband and I think I have gotten that feeling because I need to be supportive of my husband. I am not necessarily being called to do something at the church because I need to care for my home and support my husband. It makes a lot of sense. For things to fall together like a puzzle is not easy. So today I am going to suggest to him that he talk to Pastor.

Ok as for my eating...it's been not so great since early last week but I am getting back on track today. I need to squeeze in gym workouts as well during this week. Ok well that's all for now. Till later God bless.

0 comments: