1/08/2008

New New beginnings

I'm at work today and I walked in to a brand new flat screen....nice! I love my job. They are so fricken nice to me. They let me work from the comfort of my own home and they like me!! I haven't been here for like 3 weeks though because the holidays were landing on Tuesdays which is the day I am supposed to come in. My boss didn't require me to come in any of the other days so that worked out nicely. I like to come in once in a while.

I can't tell you how different I feel! I can't. My attitude after this fast has changed 100000%. It's like the negative and depressing ME was flushed away down the toilet (excuse the pun)! It may rear it's ugly head later but for now I feel positive and I am going to continue to tell myself that I can do this. I am a good person that deserves to look the way I've only dared to dream about my entire life!

This season I am watching the bigest loser like many other people and I have my husband hooked too. He's getting inspired by it all. He sees the really big guys on there loosing the weight and although they are in a different atmosphere where all they think about is loosing weight and they have like hours upon hours dedicated to working out, we can loose at least a quarter of the weight they are loosing on the show. Instead of spending so much time glued to the TV, we can spend that time doing active things. That includes making more time to read our bible.

So I did two things yesterday. My job has this healthy gig thing going. Counselors come in and try and help you loose weight ot get healthy if you are at ideal weight. They help you set a healthy goal and they have this 1:1 coaching too. They have Yoga classes in the building! They have a walking club AND they give you gift cards for joining and working out during the month! They've been sending those e-mails to us for months and months and when I got one yesterday my eyes were opened and I thought "why don't you JOIN one of them"? So I did!! I've joining the walking club on Tuesdays at noon. How spesh is that? For extra money on my gift card, I can journal my workouts and my dietary intake so the counselors can help you modify any if needed. Wow..I'm taken aback.

The second thing I did was sign up for The Bigest loser blog thing-a-ma bob. The nation loosing weight thing....yeah that. I signed me and my hubby up. I'm going to be blogging on there so I can stay in the race. Who knows maybe they have some special prize. That would be nice.

Anyway, what else is up? Oh I was out and about running errands after I picked my daughter up from school and dropped her off at home so she could do her homework and she calls me and says "Mom I am ready to start tomorrow" and I asked her what she meant and she continued "I was buttoning up my school shirt this morning, and remember how it was really loose on me when we started to loose weight?....well it's TIGHT on me now and I'm not comfortable like this so I want to start healthy eating tomorrow" and I told her I was glad she made that decision on her own and I would be there to help her along.

All in all it's been a great week to start. Many people are excited like me and they say that statistic show that 80% of people make resolutions and only 20% accomplish their goal. I am going to be that 20%, me and my family anyway. God bless.

0 comments: