8/22/2007

Getting the spark back

I went back and read some of my older posts and I got motivated. I was so determined to get down to 199. I was really really close but what was funny is that in my posts I would write how tired I was and how my weight had started to be really funky. I would creep up in the weight department (about a pound or so) I thought PCOS was catching up to me and I ultimately ended up finding out I was actually pregnant. It's funny to me because I was SOOO clueless even though all the signs were there. Anyway, I'm NOT pregnant this year and don't plan to be so I want to be in that mindset. The lowest I got was 205.3 which is pretty darn good! I can totally do this. I believe God led me to read those posts as well because I felt like I praised him so much more.

I weighed this morning and I am down 1 pound. Sigh. It's going to take me all week to get these extra pounds off. Well you live and learn. I guess it's a good thing that they are not going to be gone just like that. If they were to just melt off in one day I am sure I would be cheating again. So here's to this week!

Like I mentioned earlier, I need to get the passion for cooking again. I bought the Pita bread from Western Bagels (since I am fortunate enough to have one down the street from my job). I ran to Trader Joe's on my lunch break and got some hummus and Flax seed chips and some salami. I didn't notice that the salami had sugar and corn syrup so I won't be able to eat that. I just figured it didn't have it but it does. I was hungry (which is why I also picked up the hummus). I bought the TJ brand hummus, jalapeno and Cilantro and it wasn't bad. I think I ate too much of it. Well, I don't think I did, I did. The container said 7 servings and I think I might of had like 3 servings. EEK...not too too bad in the carb department but still. I need to tighten that appetite.

Welll.I'm boring myself. The good news also is that we did actually go play tennis last night. We had to wait for a court for like 30 minutes. One girl and her dad were training in one of them and he was pushing her hard. I felt bad for her. She looked really unhappy. But maybe that's what she wants in her life and her dad is helping her accomplish it. Maybe not? I guess we won't ever know. They were still there when we left. I have to keep up the workouts so today I will most likely do the same except I'm going alone. I'm going to invite one of the ladies from church. She likes to work out and she'd be the perfect tennis partner. God bless.

0 comments: