8/21/2007

Cooking Post #2 for today

I'm trying to get myself in the mood for cooking again cause I am SO unmotivated. I think I need to think of new foods. Maybe bored with current selection?

Do all ya'll know about Hummus? I didn't (I think this is from being mexican and all) I was never exposed to this yummy delish "dip". I love love love Hummus. I was buying it at Costco but the brand that I like, they only carry when they have these pita chips and right now they don't have them. I've seen others but I am skeptical about buying them. The ingredients seem pretty plain so I have decided to make my own! Here is Emeril Lagase's recipe that I am going to try making tonight! I will let you know how it tastes tomorrow...

Chickpea Spread with Sesame Seed Paste: Hummus bi Tahina

2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons tahini paste
1 tablespoon garlic
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more, for drizzling
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
Fresh pita bread

In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini paste, and garlic. Process until smooth. With the machine running, add 1/4 cup olive oil, a little at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the hummus in the center of a large platter. Drizzle the hummus with olive oil. Arrange the black olives and fresh pita bread around the hummus.

0 comments: