3/06/2007

Day 9 of 29 - Feeling strong


That's not me in the pic (just in case you were wondering, I'm still mexican)

I went to the gym last night and man did it feel good!!! I went to pick up my kids and Alma asked me if I cared to join her & Maria at the Jewish Center gym. It's literally walking distance from my house. I've seen it before, I just thought you had to be Jeiwsh to go there but apparantly that's not the case.

Anyway, she called me at 6pm and said that she still had to eat dinner and feed her daughter (she's the same age as Gabriel) and then she would call me on her way out the door. At that point I felt lazy and had those feeling of wanting to cuddle up on the couch and be lazy. But once she called I instantly sprung up, changed into gym clothes & Serg dropped me off as he was going to go to the store. I am so glad I went! We chatted the whole time we were there and it didn't feel like much of a workout at all!! There are so many great things about this place that I am going to try and sell my husband on so he let's me sign US up.

The machines are nice and NEW
No CROWDS!
The people there minded their own business
They have babysitting for $3 per hour for when we ALL want to go together!
It's $77.50 per month for our entire family (which Curves is $40 alone!)

I got a one week free pass so I am going to take advantage of that then try to talk Serg into letting me sign up. Alexis can join with me too because there are tons of kids there, well they have a kids center but she can work out with me. There is also this "Youth Swim Team" she can join for $50 and it's Monday - Thursday from 4 to 5pm. Or she can go swimming while I workout because they have lifeguards there for the kids. I would rather sign her up for the swim team though to keep her motivated. I think this is just what she needs. We just need to be organized at home so we can fit our workouts in to our daily life.

Anyway, I was on the Lindora site today reading success stories and I got even more motivated. I am nice and sore today and I am really going to try and make it to the gym earlier so I can go to bed earlier as well and not be so tired. I have lots of things to do at home today, including folding 2 huge basketfuls of clothes. When I get home today I am going to tackle that while I make some chicken soup for dinner. I don't feel like eating that for dinner but we ARE sick and that's the only food I can really make that will allow me to do other things while it cooks. Well I gues I can bake some chicken as well and finally be able to use some of that seasoning Florence gave me. Serg was supposed to go to school tonight and I was going to run out to the gym after that but I just talked to him and he said he wants to finish doing laundry and getting the house in order. I agreed. I will most likely just walk there, depending on the time and I also want to find out if I can ride my bike there from now on for extra workouts. It would take me 10 - 15 minutes just because I would ride there casually and 15 back so I can add another 30 min to my workout!

Anyway, I have all these projects I am working on at work and I need to get to it! So till later God Bless!

0 comments: