2/07/2007

Day 15 of 28 - revelation??

So yesterday my sister calls me while I am at home and tells me that my uncle which lives not too far away from me is in critical condition somewhere in a hospital. I ask her somewhere? Apparantly he had some kind of injury to his head over the weekend. When he finally got out of the hospital from that he told his girlfriend that he had a bad headache but she was mad at him for being gone for a few days so she kinda ignored him (not realizing that he had stitches and stuff on his head). We I guess while he was sleeping he let out this scream and started to have a seizure and blood started to come out of his mouth. The ambulance came but they could not treat him because of the signs he was showing so they took him in a fire department helicopter to USC Medical. The problem with that is that when the ambulance took him, his girlfriend and everyone else thought he was going to the local hospital. So after searching for him for hours with no luck, the girlfriend calls my mom. This is my moms brother we are talking about. My mom in turn called me cause I think she had a feeling I would find him. I started by calling the police department to find out what ambulance company 911 used to transport him. The ambulance company is not allowed to release information to ANYONE about where patients are transported. So I had to call the Fire Department. The Fire Dept. then gives me the info about where he is at. I was like whew! So I call them right away thinking my search was over. The phone number they gave me? Wrong number. I call back again. Wrong number again. I call 411, no number listed! What?!! USC Medical Center in L.A., HUGE hospital and nobody can find the number?! SO finally I talk to a supervisor at my T-Mobile 411 and she finds the number. I call. No such person here. Long story short, after 5 hours of going back and forth with the Fire Department and Emergency room nurse that admitted him, we find him by his Birth day with a totally wrong name! I called up to his floor and he is sleeping. I call my mom but by this time she's at work already. I talked to my dad and he's leaving a message for her to call me today. You know why I found him? Because God's always by my side....which lead me to this....

I have been feeling a bit "helpless" and whinny about how not fair it is that I can't just be skinny. Not really thinking about it too much, but it seems to be at the back of my mind, and in some ways, it's a resentment I have towards myself. I feel that these thoughts deep in my mind are holding me back. Revelation from God is this: I was so totally determined, I knew I would find him no matter what I had to do, I can easily do this weight loss thing too. The same way. I can. It's as simple as that. It can be done and if I show the same determination I have towards other things in my life, I can have it towards this.

I often write about how "I am gonna do it this time" and my enthusiam eventually dwindles. And maybe my determination will as well after I see this revelation, but I am just going to keep going. I weighed myself this AM and was pleasantly surprised. I thought I had gained all of my weight loss back after this past weekend.

Day 15 of 28
Keto stick: Did not test today
Weight: 233.2
BMI: 46%

I feel like this is a fresh start and I am glad to be where I last left off (plus .4 pounds) but nonetheless it's good enough! God bless.

0 comments: