12/28/2006

I so suck (right now)

I suck because I didn't stick to my new eating habits. I gave in to the old "well it's the holidays I will just start over when they are over". I could of totally been down a good 15 pounds. Instead I feel WAY fat and not sure how much I even weigh. I know I've been eating a whole lotta tamales, cheesecake and cookies.

The GOOD news is I know that I will loose the weight. Instead of feeling helpless and praying that some miracle pill comes on the market so I will loose the bulk, I feel powerful and once again inspired. I just got off the phone with a high school friend that keeps in touch. She actually called to wish me a happy belated birthday. I have not seen her for 5 or 6 years yet she remembers my birthday and calls me about every 3-4 months. I am not very good at staying in touch with people. I deal with the people currently in my life and the events currently happening in my life. I THINK about old friends and possibly calling them but I don't. ANYWAY, she was telling me that her youngest daughter is almost 6 years old and she's the biggest she's ever been and how she wants to loose weight.

Immediately a bell goes off in my head and I tell her that I want to visit Northern Cali in March or April and wouldn't it be great if we would set a weight loss goal so when we saw each other we would look great. She said "yeah that would be cool" but didn't seem like she wanted to commit. It seemed like she did not KNOW what to do to loose weight. I gave her some suggestions but there are SO many things to keep in mind that I felt I would overwhelm her. Plus way back when fat people would give me suggestions I wo9uld think "Now why don't YOU use the information you are giving me if it works so well". So that's kinda how I felt. A fat person telling another overweight person HOW to loose weight. I think that in February when I reach my NEW goal of 30 pounds (that's an ambitious goal and I am going to really push myself on) I am going to call her again and let her know how I am doing. I WOULD love to meet up with her and for us both to look and feel great. I am not one of those friends that wants all their friends to feel like crap because you look good. I need to call my sister Nancy too and motivate her as well.

I dunno, maybe I am weird. For me to be successfull in weigh loss, I need to get into a friendly competition with someone. I was successfull when I did with Laura at work and it was working for her too. I tried to get into this competition with my sister too but I need to help her committ 100% to this. My friend is going on a cruise in May so if I motivate her in February she will have 3 months to get it together.

I thank God for letting me have the knowledge on loosing weight. I am SO glad that I am not expecting a miracle weight loss drug to solve my weight problems. All it takes is taking control on eating, meal planning and exercise.

I can't wait and am super excited once again! God bless!

0 comments: