9/05/2006

Week 36 appointment

So the appointment kinda sucked this time only because Dr. Marshall had just gotten back from vacation and Veronica my nurse wasn't there this time so everything was a little unorgarnized. Anyway, I was SO swollen when I got there I showed and 8 pound weight gain. That's right. Dr. was not worried as 6 of those pounds were surely water weight. We talked about my visit to Labor & Delivery, he said my blood results came back negative for HELLP BUT they didn't order the 1 blood test they needed to order for some other syndrome that gives you the itchies. He ordered and sound almost certain that I had it. I told him it was extremely uncomfortable and I felt like I was going nuts. Unfortunately the test takes 4-5 days to come in (the results)....so now I wait. Sucks because yesterday was a holiday and the weekend and holidays don't count. I am sure I won't get a call until Monday and I don't know how I am going to take this itching!!!! It's HORRENDOUS. He suggested I get the Aveeno Oatmeal bath to get some relief. I did and it didn't help. It made my skin feel nice and soft but that's about it. I even took a Benadryl last night and it helped me fall asleep till 1am then forget it I was up once it wore off......been itchy ever since. SO SUCKS. Baby was good, he didn't measure him and didn't check for dilation or effacement as he was running like an hour behind schedule. He had even forgotten about the GBS test, so I mentioned it and he said "let's do it" so we did, we'll see how that comes out. I don't have another appointment till the 14th which is NEXT Thursday....I started NST testing yesterday and baby was fine. I didn't feel any contractions until she started to unhook me from the machine.

Last night 2 really painful contractions woke me up and I prayed that they would be consistent and they would stop me in my tracks but no such luck. So at the next appointment I will be almost 38 weeks and I am super praying I don't make it but if I do I hope he strips my membranes and that will get things going. I was +1 in protein in my urine so I did the 24 hour Protein urine test on Sunday and took it to the lab yesterday. We'll see what the turns out. My blood pressure was high when I got there so I had to lay down for like 20 minutes and she took it twice till it went down to 130. He said I am showing signs of pre-eclampsia.....so maybe he will induce me??? Man I am so desperate right now.....I would almost do anything. Serg is in school this week though so maybe I just need to hang tight this week, work on walking a lot and finish washing baby clothes.

My parents were here this weekend and my sister was too. It was nice having my family around again. I tell ya though it's exausting. My house is small so all the people in my house is crazy. Once they left, that's when we left to the lab to drop off my urine container (nasty) and do blood work then went to NST appt. We grabbed some Taco Bell, came home and I watched CSI miami for a bit on my bed and took a short nap. Woke up with a headache and in a bad mood. Started to clean my house, vacuum, wash dishes etc. Felt nice to sit and relax in a clean house. The rest of the night was ok. We had leftovers galore so we had them for dinner and we went to bed at like 10. Got up early today to start the day and serg went off to school.

I am not sure what I am going to do this week. Alexis starts school on Wednesday but that's the day I need to go into work...so I would need to take Alani to Alma's really early then let her take Alexis to school on her first day?? Not sure about all that. I am not sure what class she will need to go into or any of that. Then Thursday, I have an NST appt at 11am. I might have to just go in on Friday. We will see...I need to think about this. Ok well I rambled long enough. I will update later this week if I get a call from the Dr. on the blood test results. God Bless.

0 comments: