8/29/2006

Labor & Delivery trip #1

I labeled this post trip #1 to L&D because I think I will end up there again eventually before I actually give birth. I was there this time because I have been itching like nobody's business....like all over...top of my feet, arms, my back, Oh my gosh my back, and Oh my gosh my boobs, neck....just unbelieveable. So I look up "Itching" in my "what to expect when you are expecting" book and it starts talking about HELLP...and all kinds of drama about how my kidneys can shut down and one of the symptoms is itching. So me not wanting to brush this off, call my Dr. because by this time my hubby is breathing down my throat and wants to take me to L&D (at 6am) so I wait for the call, she tells me to go to L&D because my Dr. is on vacation till Wednesday anyway (I have an appt. with him on Friday) and they can do blood work etc...so I get there and stay till 3pm. They monitor "G" (the baby) and he's happy as a clam...I am even having contractions (WOO HOO!!!) so they check me all around, no rash, they order blood to be drawn and if I am deloping this HELLP stuff, they will call me so I can come back ASAP. Otherwise my Dr. will go over the results when I come back to see him on Friday. I never got a call and I am still itching. They told me to take Benadryl which helped a little but I had never taken this stuff before. When I went to go buy it I thought it was like cough syrup looking but ended up they are pills. I took one, fell asleep and woke up with a MEAN headache. I felt like I was hung over. I am totally itching now and am tempted to take another one but I am in the office today (since my hubby is finishing the work at Matt's house) but I still have to drive to Matt's house and I am scared that I am going to be really dizzy. At least he's driving home. I will probably take one when I leave but I am not sure I am going to hang that long. We'll see.

Anyway, I will be 36 weeks soon and I am hoping baby will be here within the next two weeks. I wish I would go into labor NOW but we are not quite ready yet. I washed the baby's bedding, stroller, car seat and some clothes, but not all. I still have to wash all my blinds too!! My husband is putting up these really nice curtains and curtain rods all over the house. We got THE BEST DEAL ever on these rods. I got them on clearance for $4.00 (the rods) instead of $13 (each) and then I got curtains that were between $30-60 for $3-$6. So my entire house will have curtains and we spent about $80 on EVERYTHING. He put my bedroom ones up and man they look nice!! We got a really nice sateen duvet cover as well and it will look so good in there. The kids rooms is coming along - they have new comforters, even back up sateen duvet covers, and really cute matching decorative pillows made of velvet type material. I got Alexis underbed organizer containers for her polly pockets and barbie stuff. I just need to get one couch out of my living room as our "decluttering" process and re-arrange some stuff, like our room, to make room for baby rocking chair and now the basinette (which I also washed with baby soap).....wow tired of typing.

Thank our Lord, He gave us the energy to do all this and go to Sergio's mini family reunion in San Fernando. His aunt & uncle which raised him had a get together and he got to see his cousins which he has not seen since he was like 13. He was the popular one there and they kept telling him how good he looked and how he had a nice family. They looked at him like they were proud of him and he totally looked SO happy and I am so glad. He said he felt wanted when he was there and thanked me for being his wife and giving him his kids (awwww). Anyway, ok just had to document that. God bless.

0 comments: