8/15/2006

33 week Dr. Appt.

Ok so from now on the following day I am going to come on here and post about my appointment with Dr. Marshall so it's documented. You think you are going to remember but ya don't.

MISC: Ok so I was running a little late to the appointment, Nancy, Alexis and Alani came with me. I forgot to remind Sergio to get a stroller out of the garage for me so we had to walk in there with her (which is always dangerous because she grabs everything).

WEIGHT: I gained 2 pounds in two weeks. Scale said I gained 4 pounds but I had just eated AND taken a shower so my hair was wet. Doc said remove 2 pounds. WHEW. Better but still not "acceptable". Sucks. It's that darn Louisiana sausage I have been eating. I bought more of it this weekend when I went grocery shopping but I also decided to get the turkey sausage, I compared the calories and was shocked to see 26 grams of fat on the Hot link sausage to 6 grams of fat for the turkey. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. So needless to say I am laying off the other stuff although it is super delish (but also gives me heartburn).

Blood pressure: Was high like 152 when I got there but that was because we were rushing and I was nervous about weight. SO, she had me lay on my left side for about 5 minutes and it was 118 which was the lowest it's ever been. I didn't tell the dr. that I had JUST taken the meds like 1 hour before I got there. So I need to continue to take it in the AM so when I get there I know if it's worn off by then and need to go back on taking 2 of them.

NEXT APPT: In two weeks, then they will be weekly as I will then be 35 weeks. I think my NST appointments will start either at that time OR at 36 weeks. Can't remember.

and last but NOT least.............

BABY: Turns out that my itty bitty is not so itty bitty anymore, little monster, he's 5 lbs 4 oz now. His head measures that of a 33 week 4 day old, but his waist was measuring at 34 weeks 6 days and worried the doc for a second as babies from mom's with diabetes tend to be fat BUT then he measured his femer bone (sp?) and it also measured that of a 34 week 6 day baby so he said it all worked out. His body proportion measures on target with his waist. So he's most likely going to be a tall boy as he is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead in length and weight. Fatty boy.

I need to dig up Alani's ultrasounds to see what weight she was at at 33 weeks. I am curious now. But I am getting better at my eating I think. OK so I had Ben and Jerry's ice cream the other day and I bought Chips Ahoy cookies that I have been munching on here and there (I need to hide those as they are my weakness, they are so good!) I only have 1 or two (or three when I push it) but still I need to hide them or make everyone else eat them before I eat them all. I need to buy more sugar free cookies but they are just not the same.....sigh....But anyway, I think that that's all the "BAD" stuff I had. Before I get that 2nd peice of wheat toast I think about "G" (the baby) and what it will do to him (fatten him up even more then I have a hard time pushing him out and I have to end up getting a C-Section) and I back off. I think I am going to make me some breakfast now so I can eat some healthy stuff. God Bless and more to come later...

0 comments: