7/31/2006

Notes about life.....

Wow....time really does fly. Let's see I am 31 weeks today which means that I will "officially" be 8 months next week. I have a doctors appointment today and I am praying hard that I didn't gain any weight at all. I was there 2 weeks ago so if I did gain, the MOST I could gain was 1 pound. At the end of week one, I had lost 1.8 pounds but I over did it a few times. It is UNBELIEVEABLE how hungry I am sometimes. I told my hubby that NOW I can't wait till the time comes to have the baby. It's like time flies but can't come soon enough at the same time. I want myself back. I miss my regular clothes, my eating habits (or having CONTROL of my eating), my smaller feet, being able to see my feet, being able to walk for more than 20 minutes without having to sit down, um what else? Just not feeling so vunerable. I feel like such a weakling being pregnant. I want to get up and scrub and clean hard and I just can't. I can't smell fumes, I can't eat 2 flippen slices of wheat toast because my sugar goes sky high. That's another thing that's got me ready to cry. My sugars are just out of control. My insulin got adjusted and instead of going down THEY WENT UP. HOW is that possible?!!! UGH. So we'll see what Dr. Marshall says today.

You know why I got out of bed this morning? Because the baby woke me up. Yep, the baby that's not even here yet woke me up and KEPT me up last night. I was just telling my husband right now that I got up 10 times last night, 7 of them to go to the bathroom. Several times I resorted to sitting/laying on my couch just so I could sneak in some sleep. It's just unbelieveable the difference in this pregnancy. This has been WAY more on me than any pregnancy I think. I didn't start going through this getting up a million times drama till maybe 3 to 4 weeks before baby was due. All I got to say is that I am going to PRAY HARD for an easy labor. I am wondering if it's because we are having a boy. Oh and the comments about me looking "oh so big" and "you look like you're about to pop". Yep they're rolling in like tumble weeds. My husband told me to thank them when they said that. That's rude I think, but then again, they are being rude by saying that. Right? I got home and I looked in the mirror and said "I AM BIG!" (which I already knew) LOL.

So we went to the beach on Saturday and we had a really good time. As always this trip was not planned. It was a spur of the moment thing. We went out of breakfast then on the drive back home Alexis kept questioning us about "what we were going to do TODAY". She is like that, we do something and the next question is "so what's next"??? Always wondering what's on the "agenda". My husband said "go home and clean up" but we had already cleaned up. I had gotten up and washed dishes, so kitchen was clean, house was picked up and beds were done. So we talked in "code" and decided to go to the beach. I told him of a spot me and my best friend went to where there was not a lot of people and the water was super crisp and clean. It was past Bolsa Chica and the city ended up being Newport Beach. Parking was difficult but it was worth it. I made sandwiches and we packed fruit and drinks in the cooler, got our beach chairs, had the girls change into their swimsuits and out we headed. I got a little bit of a workout and Alani behaved...she was playing in the sand and would scrunch it in her hands and look at me in disbelief like "You're REALLY letting me get all dirty and roll around in this stuff"??? Sad to say but even though the beach is 4 miles away from here she's only been there a handful of times. We're already planning on our next trip there very soon. Possibly this weekend. This is a good way to get outta the house, not spend ANY money and truly enjoy the day and EVERYONE is happy.

Ok one more note - we got a call from that apartment managing place, the guy said they had an apartment managing position open in Downey which is right up our alley because we don't want to move that far from here because of Alexis school, and so he asked us to drive by it, then come in the next day to meet with him about it. We did, it was a long 1 hour talk/interview. The guy was funny and nice. BUT he told us at the end that he STILL had 3 more couples to interview and we ended up finding out that most of the properties he supervises are commercial. This is his ONLY residential type apartment he oversees SO he's being unusually picky. He asked us how soon we could move in and we said we had to give 30 day notice which he was like "uhhhhhh" (not likeing that answer very much). I can't just not give my landlord notice. The managers for that complex did that to him and he didn't like it very much so why should he expect someone else to do that to their current landlord? Anway, I leave it in God's hands. We were actually going to tell him we were NOT going to take it because #1 there is hardly ANY shrubbery around the complex #2 It's too......I dunno.....plain....I can't see myself living there with 3 kids. But we talked about it and we said that since we have no experience with managing we would not be able to be picky. We would need to take what we were offered, manage that for a year then be more demanding on what we wanted since we are going to prove that we are some darn good managers.

Alright....enough rambling....Alani is obsessed with Veggie Tales...and my T.V. in my room which is almost 10 years old...finally died....I was surprised it lasted this long. God Bless.....

1 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

if you're anything like the rest of us, that baby of yours (Congratulations, by the way!) will have you losing sleep even more often after she/he is born. When that happens, you might be interested in the (literally) best parenting tip my wife and I ever received. You can read about it in The Five-Minute Drill. It might save you hours of sleep some night - it certainly did for us.