1/12/2006

So Sore


So as I have typed in my other posts I have stepped up my workouts this week and I am SORE! But it's good cause I know that I am doing something right.

So yesterday we had a work lunch at Claim Jumper and I had it all planned out in my head what I was going to eat and that I wasn't going to look at the menu. I didn't eat horribly, but I did order a salad that already had some sort of citrus type dressing on it. It was a weird salad all together. The waitress said "Oh that's my very favorite salad" so I said oh ok I will take that. It had cranberries, chicken, very crispy walnut bits, mandarin slices, blue cheese (I ordered on the side cause it just didn't sound right) and a bunch of other stuff that does not stand out at the moment...I fought it hard not to eat from the HUGE appetizer platter. I caved after 15 minutes, and had a motzerella stick. It was deep fried of course. I should of had a snack at 11am when I usually take my lunch. We didn't end up eating till almost 1 so I was hungry. Anyway, then I had a peice of garlic bread. But that was it.

When I got home I changed into my gym clothes and rode my bike to Curves and then as I was riding back home I decided to go up and down a few streets that had steep streets. I rode for about 35 minutes and covered about 4 miles, I would say, of pretty intense riding. I typed all my food intake on Fitday and I ended up eating about 2000 calories yesterday which is not my norm. I just can't eat that many calories or I won't loose.

So the good thing is I really did not gain...but I knew I had to workout hard to get rid of all those extra calories. I was really concerned about myself yesterday because I went blank when at the restaurant. Like I said above, I had it all planned out that I was going to not look at the menu, I was going to order a grilled chicken breast, 2 servings of steamed veggies and maybe a small salad. So I am going to try and work on that this weekend. Go out to eat and actually order what I planned to order!! I just don't understand why that's so hard for me! So that's got me a little frustrated but I will have to work on my will power when I am out and about!

0 comments: