1/03/2006

New Year...


Happy New Year!! I FINALLY got My hubby to take my picture and boy do I look crazy!! yes, I was a bit horrified when I saw this. I always have this image of what I look like in my head, then the pictures "tell it how it is". This was taken yesterday and I *thought I was looking thinner. My daugher yelled out "suck it in Mom", I said NO NO sucking it in, this is the reality. My posture is horrible when I am not trying to stand up straight. I am top heavy and have been all my life so I have always purposely slouched since I can remember so that I would not draw attention to my double D friends. This pic is just what I needed to help me kick butt on my weight loss in 2006.

This year I want to #1 - get closer to God and pursue my purpose in this lifetime. As I wrote in my "Thank you Jesus" notebook yesterday, I realized how much time I spend on just wanting that week to end so it will be payday and we can "catch up". I feel as if I am wasting my life. It dawned on me that this life is so short and it's passing us by daily. Everyday I am a day older basically. This sounds depressing I know and a bit childish, I know that too...but it's something that we have got be reminded of. I had a great weekend with my family. I really enjoy spending time with them and I can't believe that at some point in my marriage we were SO close to getting a divorce. We were just not on the same page and to tell you the truth I hated him because of the way he was. We didn't go to church, we cursed, smoked, drank and were very unhappy. When we were at that point of our marriage breaking apart his sister invited us to Pacific Baptist Church (christian family church in Long Beach, CA) and I felt like that pastor was talking directly to us. I felt like that for weeks and my husband and I would poke at each other like "DO YOU HEAR WHAT HE'S SAYING!!!) It was the Holy Spirit and 2 years later here we are happier than we have EVER EVER been. We truly love each other, there is no strife in our home, and when there is we talk about it and pray. The #2 thing I want to do is learn how to pray. I pray all the time, but there is a method to praying and I am going to learn! #3 - To continue to loose weight. I have NEVER watched my eating as long as I have this time. As I was preparing my bag for work last night I though "wow I would of quit a long long time ago by now and I am still so committed and I don't feel like I am going to stop anytime soon". I was surprised to realize that my veggies and fruits don't go bad anymore and that I actually run out most of the time. I have lots of fish as well. As I learn how to cook different types of fish the more I enjoy it. My family is getting used to the smell as well ;-)I printed some recipes that I plan on trying tonight. There is lots of fish that I have NEVER tried and I am sorta just going for it.

I have Salmon down to a T. I love baked salmon because it's easy to cook. I place a steak sized portion in a piece of foil, season it and fold all the corners in. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and it's ready. I buy the mixed salad, I don't know the name of it, but it's got the purple lettuce, romaine lettuce, spinach etc. in it and I mix it with 2 tablespoons (sometimes only 1) of Balsamic Vinaigrette (only 8 grams of fat) and a huge side of veggies and I am set. Sometimes I will eat this 3 times a week and ALWAYS loose. I am trying a new fish tonight. So we will see how it turns out. I added a "Pictures" link on the right hand side from Yahoo. I think I can get it to work. Anyway I don't feel so great today. Stomach is kinda screwy so I am gonna get some hot lemon tea. Ta ta...

0 comments: