1/25/2006

New day

So yesterday I meant to post I Peter 5:10. I will post it below and it talks about God's Grace.

But the God of all Grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

I look back at this blog and think ok so is this my weight loss blog or is it my spiritual walk with God blog? Well it's both. It's both because I CANNOT do this without His support. I have never been able to come as far as I have and I am still going strong. I know that I am going to get down to my goal of 175. I could not tell you that before and if I would of I knew I was not going to be able to do it. I do have my days where I feel down in the dumps, and feel discouraged because the weight is not coming off fast enough (for me anyway) but I am silly to believe that. I think that falls into my issue with the strength in my Faith. Since 11/2/05 I have lost almost 33 pounds and I have had plenty of free days in between that time. So being where I am right now is a miracle in it's own.

This morning I heard the perfect message. You need FAITH to be a FAITHFUL person and Faithfullness without good works is like a body with no life. I know my faith has grown over the past year but I still need a lot of work in this department. I am going to continue to work on that. People at work look at me and are surprised to see that I am actually a Christian woman. I am a young, silly, hispanic girl and they are surprised when I speak about God and mention that Christ Jesus is Lord Savior, some believe and some do not. I have brought a few people to the Lord working here at Realtor.com recently. I have worked here for almost 5 years and it's the best place to work. No bosses to bully me around. I come to work, do my work on my own and I get to leave at 1:30 in the afternoon. AND I get paid pretty well. My life is full of blessings that are not obvious to the general public, but God reminded me of how blessed I really am.

I am on another level today. I guess God is just working on the spiritual side of me. He sees how discontent I am on days. I need to get closer to Him so He can keep revealing things to me. I need Him to keep moving along and I need to learn to appreciate what has been given to me thus far.

"Love the LORD, all you faithful ones! For the LORD protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes all who are arrogant".
Psalm 31:23

0 comments: