1/18/2006

Keeping goals close?


This is my brat in the bike thing. I don't know what they call these things, kid bike tow? LOL. All I know is that they cost anywhere from $150 to $400 (or more) but I bought it a garage sale for $30. It looks like it was just sitting in their garage for a while but it works like a charm and she loves it.

Ok so I went online, printed a 2 week pass to Bally's. I went there last night and I am even more sore today. I was a bit disappointed when I didn't see a loss on the scale this morning. That's ok though I ate probably more than I should of last night. Not badly, just more of my regular serving. I made healthy green chicken enchiladas with refried beans (except I didn't FRY them). My hubby actually mashed them and they tasted fine. I had my low carb tortillas but I think I added too much Motzerella cheese. They were delish though! So today I brought a chicken salad for lunch and a pear and 2 South Beach diet bars. One for my mid morning snack and one for after lunch/before dinner snack. Have you had them? Oh man they are SO good! Totally satisfies your sweet tooth. I bought the Cinnamon Raisin and the Peanut butter. They were on sale for 2 boxes (5 in each box)for $5.00 AND I had a $1.00 off coupon for each box, so I only paid $3.00 for 10 very yummy bars.

Today I loaded my bike onto my truck and I am planning on going on a 40 minunte up-hill bike ride for my lunch break. I feel like I am dedicated, but this morning I heard something on the radio that kinda got me thinking.

~They say that it's good to set goals but when you are fixated on those goals, when you get ATTACHED to those goals you become, sort of, closed in. I guess what they were trying to say was that you lock yourself into this bubble and you hang on to that goal for dear life and you don't allow anything else to penetrate through. Even if it's stuff like suggestions from people to do things more effectively (for a lack of a better word).

I know that I am "obsessed" right now with my weight loss, that's all I talk about, and I know that I need to stop. I realized that on my way home yesterday, BUT I NEED to obsses or I won't do this!! I won't loose this flippen weight! I am tired of being fat and I just want to get it over with already. I want to be in maintenance mode so so so bad. I need to pray...cause even though I feel like all is well, I think that I am afraid, afraid that I will fail AGAIN. Weight failure is not acceptable anymore in my life. I am not going to allow it, and I know THIS, but why am I so scared then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever tried to eat just one potato chip? How about just one fresh-baked cookie or just one warm, glazed doughnut? It's hard to stop. Almost impossible, in fact. That is how temptation to sin is. It just grabs us.

When we pray, "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil," we are saying, "Lord, I know my own sinful vulnerabilities, and I ask You to keep me from the power of sin. Help me to make the right choices and avoid anything that would pull me away from You."

The classic hymn, "Come Thou Fount," says it so accurately: "Prone to wander—Lord, I feel it—Prone to leave the God I love. . . ." It is our nature as sheep to wander, to go astray, and to do the wrong thing. It is not our nature to do the right thing. We must remember that about ourselves.

As one writer said, "When we pray. 'Lead us not into temptation,' it is an appeal to God to put a watch over our eyes, our ears, our mouths, and our feet and our hands, that in whatever we see, hear, or say, or any place we go, and in anything we do, He will protect us from sin."

We can lay claim to the great promise that God will not allow us to be tempted above that which we are able, but will make a way of escape so we can bear it.

Remember, flee from temptation—and don't leave a forwarding address.

But God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

— 1 Corinthians 10:13

0 comments: