1/17/2006

Feeling great!



So it looks like hitting Bally's last week did something! I woke up Saturday morning nice n'sore (especially in my inner thighs where I need some work) and I was hoping I would either still be 211 or 210 but I weighed in at 209.8! I was very surprised and excited. I was good all weekend but I did have some Pizza Hut on Saturday night. BUT I did not go overboard and I did have a salad so I would feel more satisfied. Today's weigh in is at 209.2! Almost 208.

My short term goal right now is being 199 by February 3rd and that's looking to be very do-able. I reported my weight loss to Paulene's 12 week challenge but on her site I started at 211. Anyway, my point is I lost 4 pounds (from 213 to 209) since last Monday. So that feels good. AND I ate pizza! I love fricken pizza. That's one food I get weak in the knees about.

Going to Bally's on Friday sorta proved to me that I am still a chicken when it comes to walking into an actual gym. You should of seen me. I rode my bike there and the whole time felt like I was going to walk in there and conquer it. The second I walked in on the work out floor I felt like a pup with it's tail between it's legs. I felt overwhelmed because there was just SO much equipment and it all looked the same. You are left to figure it all out yourself. The thing is, it's not like I have never seen a gym, I have been a member of 24 hour fitness for over 3 years. It's like it ALL came back to me when I walked in. That intimidated feeling. But I think that if I go enough times, I will get over it.

Plus I wore the dumbest most uncomfrotable workout pants ever. They are baby blue with a white stripe on the sides, but I just looked dumb and felt dumb. I was supposed to go with Leah again last night but she was going to meet with the trainer at 8pm. I usually hit the sack at 9pm so if I would've gone, I would've of been totally amped at 9am and would not of been able to wake up at 3am this morning. I already felt like throwing my alarm out the window this morning.

I don't know what to do right now. I rode my bike for almost an hour (with 1 year old 20+ pounds child in tow) then I went to Curves for 40 minutes but that still does not seem like enough. I am seriously contemplating quitting Curves...and re-starting my 24-hour fitness membership again. The thing with Curves is this. You are not supposed to work out for more than 30 minutes and when I do stay a little over, I can tell that they are like "she is still working out". Sometimes I barely break a sweat. The chitter chater is funny and all, but sometimes it distracts me..like it did yesterday. I didn't feel like I got a good workout. Plus even if I upgrade to the Sport 24-Hour Fitness (bigger and better) it will STILL be cheaper than Curves. The only thing is I have to pay $80 to upgrade to the Sport club and I will have to wait to do that till I have the cheddar (the money$$$). I don't think I will join Bally's. Although it was good, I dunno, I just like 24 Hour better I think.

This is a great scripture that really spoke to my heart this morning

"Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

— Matthew 26:41

0 comments: