1/09/2006

Back in the mode!

I have been praying hard for God to help me get outta this slump and yesterday He really spoke to me through the preaching I heard in church last night. It was on I Corinthians 9-24-26 and it just sorta spoke to me in all angles. I also first heard Falisa (my friend) talk to us about this in our Saturday study. Basically, when we make a commitment, KEEP IT. God is looking for you to keep that commitment, that promise. Being a Christian, when you speak and tell someone let's say "Ok I will see you tomorrow at 5pm" you should NOT have to end that statement with "I promise I WILL be there at 5". I feel like do that a lot. I make commitments, and I don't keep them. I find myself having to tell people "I promise"....I don't want to be that person. So I am changing my attitude starting today! You know what? I FEEL it! I feel God is going to help me. I feel like I did the day I started my weight loss and lost 25 pounds. I look forward to posting progress pics. This month's commitment is to be down to 199 by February 3rd.

I had a talk with my husband about weekends and how I have a lot of trouble with them. I am so good at work but on the weekend I just give in, a little too many times. So he said "I know cause you cook us good food and of course you want to eat with us!" or we run out and get something to eat in between errands. So he said he is going to be my referee for the weekend and if we do go out to eat we will need to make sure it's somewhere where I can make healthy selections. I felt relieved. He knows that I want to drop this weight and be over it already. He mounted the bike rack back on my truck, so I am going out to ride it for 2 miles in about 20 minutes. Then I am going to Curves on my lunch break. I am going to talk to the Curves people about doing 1 hour versus the standard 30 minutes. Even 45 minutes would be good with me. I just don't think 30 minutes is really cutting it for me. Then in the afternoon I am taking another 20 minute break and riding my bike once more. So I will be getting about 45 minutes of cardio workout, 45 minutes of Curves which I think they call conditioning workout. If for some reason I cannot do bike riding twice in one day at work, I will need to do it RIGHT when I get home. I have to work it in as a routine. No CLEANING my house, or starting ANYTHING until my workout is done. I am officially blocking in the time.

To start off my weight loss, I am going to start doing Lindora again, following their diet plan basically to keep me in check. I might add in more fruits but that's pretty much it. I am doing 3 protein days so my body will get into Ketosis and my weight loss can once again begin. OK well that's the plan... ;-)

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

0 comments: