12/14/2005

One down 3 to go....


Lost another pound with no working out. I AM glad that I am loosing weight but mad because I am not working out. That one pound could of been 2 or 3. I am also mad because I am not getting better health wise. I read that some herb called Myrtle was good for bronchitis, so I am going to try and find a health food store or herb spot that carries it. I need SOMETHING!! I have been waking up with a terrible headache and a super sore throat all week and I am SO SUPER SICK OF IT. Today I woke my husband up at 4:00am and asked him to get my bike from the garage and put it on my truck cause I AM going bike riding today on my break and lunch break. I have not brought my bike to work all week because I was waiting to get better, but it's just not happenin'. I wore warm clothes, brought my gloves and ear plugs...because yes I still have an ear infection. It's like what the??? Ugh! I am ready to scream, seriously. It's been a LOOOONG 2 months almost and here I am still sick.

Anyway, I made Alexis an appointment to get her braces on Monday. I can't believe it! I also have a consultation today to see how much of my money they need to get my teeth perfectly straight. They are not bad now but I want to have a nice beautiful smile so I might go for it. I had already gotten a quote from another Orthodontist but he wants $5000 for the invisiline. Um...no I don't have $5K. So for Alexis this other place is WAY cheaper and with my insurance kicking in I only have to pay a little over 2K for her braces but she has to have them for 2 1/2 years. She has beautiful nice teeth and they are straight BUT she has a large overbite. She doesn't look like a dork ya know?...but it makes her teeth look bigger or something so I might as well nip that in the butt and get it done before it costs me more moola that I don't have. I have to finance the 2K as it is but the payments will only be $80 a month. Now that she is selling candy to pay for her school tuition, I think I can actaully afford $80 a month. When I get my taxes I will probably pay that down as well. When she gets her braces I will take a pic and post it. She's scared...she should be!....she's only 9. So my consultation is today at 4pm but I want to go to Kaiser as well and get my ear checked out so if they can get me in today then my ortho appt. will need to get rescheduled. Alexis is singing today for the school play so we have to be at church tonight by 6:40. I think that gives me plenty of time to go to my Ortho or Kaiser appt., go home & shower, make something for dinner and fly out the door. Story of my life.

Bible Reading: We are on Luke chapter 5. I love that chapter, it's so good. Even though we have read thorough a lot of Luke in church, I still love to hear how Jesus spoke with such authority. I mean He was the Son of God so why shouldn't He speak with authority?? Can you imagine being there in His presence??!!! Wow....it gives me butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. How blessed those people where to be in His presence!! He is so good to us. We are going to get together and pray before the New Year...2 of my close friends and me and my hubby.. My friend sent me this verse that almost brought me to tears....

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it WILL be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:19-20) Thank you Jesus!

As I struggle with the things in my life I go to this verse and makes me realize that whatever I am going through it's for a reason....read on...

Everyone goes through hardship. But for the child of God, whatever comes into our lives comes first through the grid of God's plan and purpose for us.

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." — Romans 8:29

0 comments: