12/15/2005

Almost 2 down and 2 to go....



So is it bad to want to make a few bucks by adding advertising stuff to a blog? I dunno. I see so many other blogs with stuff so I decided to add one or two to mine..I don't think anybody actually reads my blog but if you do leave me a comment. It would be nice to know. Anyway, my scale actually went down to 215.8 but for some reason I didn't think it was accurate so I weighed again and it said 216. I ended up going back for a bike ride yesterday around 11ish (AM) as it was WAY too cold to ride at 7:30am. So today I am spending my entire lunchtime on my bike.

Ok so I bring my bike to work and people look at me like "Is this girl actually bringing her bike, unloading it off bike rack, and riding it on her break"? When I return from my bike ride there is almost always a crowd of at least 3 to 4 people smoking and they all stare at me while I put my bike back on the bike rack and as I proceed to walk past them (and try to act as if my legs don't feel like jello) I hear comments like "That is SUCH a great idea!!". It makes me feel good that I am actually TRYING. You know how it's like "Eating season" right now? Alot of people look at me like "Ok why are you reminding me about being healthy and working out!! CRUD!!, can't I just enjoy the holidays and eat like a pig"!! Yes, I get all of that from the look on someone's face. I think I can read people pretty well...and that's what I read and I'm sticking to it!

I also know that eating right is not going to melt away this fat. I need to work it off. I have been planning really great meals and keeping my fat intake very low (not more than 25 grams of fat).

I told one of my co-workers how much I weighed and she said I didn't look like it. But I don't think anyone will actually tell someone "yeah you look about 216" So...it's out there. The only reason I told her was because I am not planning on staying at 216 for long...actually...I don't plan on staying over 200 for very long. I can't wait till I see 199...ahh... I was 218 when Laura left for her cruise (my weight loss partner at work) and I want to be 214 when she gets back. I want to give her a good report. I care what she thinks. She is doing great as well and she was really going to try hard to maintain her weight if not loose while on this cruise. You can really see the weight loss on her and people are constantly complimenting her. I have gotten a few compliments myself...but when you are so overweight you tend to not accept the compliments well. I am not satisfied yet at the weight I am at so although they are a bit motivating, they are not really.....um...meaningful I guess is the word.

**********

Yesterday instead of going to Kaiser I went to my Orthodontist appointment. It is going to cost me like $2000 bucks...I would have to pay in installments and I would pay $76 a month. So at the end of January is when I will be getting my braces. I have a crossbite apparantly and so I will have to wear rubber bands so that my lower teeth open up my top teeth...I had never realized it. It's weird now that I know. Surgery is the only thing that can correct it 100% but I am not getting surgery so hopefully the braces will correct it. The reason for getting braces was to have nice straight teeth not fix a crossbite I didn't even know I had. Weird that none of dentists ever mentioned this to me. Anyway I wanted to get them put on right away (like next week) but my husband was like "whoa whoa whoa can you wait till the end of January while we are back on our feet and recovered from Christmas"? I was a little peeved I must admit but I realized I was being a pouty baby and quickly got over it (took me about an hour). I have been seeing these "vitual models" for a while and thought "why not get my own"? So I did and I am posting my BEFORE and After pic (virtual model of course)! I do plan on posting actuals soon though. I am going to start taking pics weekly.

0 comments: