12/29/2005

Nutritional food?


MY MOM AND ALEXIS in PIC . Ok so I bought this bread/tortilla looking thing called Lavash (LIGHT) and was scared to put it in my mouth..but I did and when it hit my taste buds, they approved. For 1oz this delish food has NO FAT, 45 Calories and 5 carbs AND only $1.99 for 12 servings. Yep...so I went and got egg beaters, some 2% American cheese, this morning I made some scrambled egg beaters, threw half a slice of american cheese, lightly toasted my Lavash and OH MY SOUL....so fricken good...so good my eyes practically rolled back. So this is my new breakfast till my Lavash is gone. It stays good for 4-5 days at room temp. 7-14 days Refrigerated...hmm so I will need to stick it in the fridge or I will be tempted to eat it all within the week. I was even thinking I can make me some pizza (low fat of course)....the possibilities are endless...it's white flour though and I know that's not the healthiest but sometimes I don't care if it's not "nutritious"..I just want some good food ya know.

I am learning how to improvise as well. Yesterday was my husband's birthday so I had to make him a good dinner. It was not a GREAT dinner but he loves homemade Tacos..we are hispanic and all this guy likes is mexican food. So I made him Chicken Tacos, fried the tortilla shells, shreded cheese (motzerella), cut lettuce, onion, tomatos, made fresh red salsa (spicy!) and some mexican sopa (soup). Instead of frying my tortillas I just warmed them up, I had also baked fresh beans, so I served myself about a cup of beans and had two HUGE tacos...I put lotsa chicken in it (boiled the chicken). I did add some cheese since it was skim milk motzerella. This morning I was down a pound AND....I had a slice of cake.. I also made him a cake and he loved it! Alexis helped me decorate it and we went a little wacky with the decorating but overall it was great. Anyway, I am going to Curves on my lunch because I didn't bring my bike AGAIN and I don't want to go walking. I work in a more upscale area so I am curious to see how these ladies will react to me being there. Anyway we will see. I will post photos of the cake tomorrow. I forgot my camera.

0 comments: