12/28/2005

Food temptations almost over!!!


MMMMMM my 30th Birthday cake...looks good huh? I actually look a little thinner in this picture. Man I choose the craziest time to start to loose weight and it has proved to be a challenge. I know that God inspired me to start on 11/2/05 because #1 - It was going to be the holidays and I WOULD of gained anywhere from 7-10 pounds ~ I truly do believe that. #2 - I was sick (bronchitis) and working out would be a challenge BUT I still lost 25 pounds. I give ALL the glory to God. He was certainly the one that has given me any and all the strength to do what I have so far. I know that he wanted me to realize that even with these obstacles in place, I could STILL do this. It's not only about weight loss. It's about my spiritual walk. There are going to be obstacles ALWAYS, but I can do it. I can get to know and love him more than I already do. My heart is warm and I truly feel his hand over me, especially right this minute. I love him SO MUCH for just everything he has done for us and in us. I need to be more specific in my prayers. I don't like to ask him for help on many things, but I know that he wants to be our best friend (he wants us to bug him)!! He wants us to ask him for help and so I will continue to do so.

So we went to my parents house in San Jose for Christmas and it was a great one. I planned on leading my sisters and brother to the Lord but I knew that they were not ready. They are not open to accepting Christ right now and it would be one of those situations where I went through the plan of salvation with them and not mean it. So it's a work in progress. My parents got saved the day after Thanksgiving and now when I talk about God & the lessons I learn from the bible and church sermons they listen intently. I can see that God is already working in them. Praise the Lord!!! I got wonderful gifts that I did not expect at all. It really really is about giving. I enjoy seeing their faces when they open their gifts. I wish my sister Lorena would of been around more but she had things to do. I need to call her more often and stay in touch with her. She needs a sister and a friend. I know that I need to do that more with her...I saw that this weekend.

I still haven't taken my side profile pics. I need to take the time to do that..I am sorta embarrased though. Even if I don't post them just yet, I need to do it. Today I promise to start. I did gain a couple of pounds from my eating. BUT, I don't regret it. I didn't eat THAT badly but I did not plan ahead and there was NO healthy food really that I wanted to prepare. I will work on getting the extra weight off today, tomorrow and Friday and then continue with weight loss from there. I brought my work out clothes to work today but Laura has not been motivated to walk again as of yet. I was not either yesterday but I will walk today, even if I go alone. I like riding my bike MUCH better but the bike rack is off the truck and I didn't ask my hubby to put it back on. I will tonight though. I need to continue to work out during lunch because I don't seem to do it when I get home. I need to think about Curves too. I am paying them $39 a month and not working out there much. I NEED to schedule in a routine, I get preoccupied at home. I use the excuse that I have a million things to do at home and CAN'T take the time to work out, and I DO have a million things to do but if I use that as an excuse all the time I will be fat in no time after I hit my goal weight.

You know what I was thinking about just now (yes again), that once I am at goal weight I will be able to indulge a little and just work out to get rid of the extra colories and fat.....can't wait. I actually set a goal data on FitDay of 4/12/05 I don't know what made me pick that date but I did. Since that is my goal date I am supposed to loose 2.53 lbs a week. I think that this is very much do-able. Anyway...gotta get to work. I need to look at the Hungrygirl website. I am going to try the Tofu Shritake Noodles today..gotta go get them..the happen to sell them at this nutritional store right off the 101 Freeway. :-)

0 comments: