12/01/2005

Not crazy


Whew! I went to the Dr. on Monday after work and he sorta scolded me because I was actually pretty sick and have been for a few weeks. He even asked me how the heck I was actually breathing. I have a bad ear infection, my lungs sound awful, my chest is badly congested and my nose was totally plugged up. He gave me an Albuterol inhaler thing and two other strong meds that make me feel even sicker. But I know HAVE to take them because I need to get better. The worst part is that while I was visiting my parents in San Jose, I seemed to have gotten my 2 nephews sick (4 year old and 9 month old) AND my brother. I feel SOOOO bad. I should of gone to the doctor sooner. I just have to pray that they don't get this bronchial infection.

Some good news though. I have meds now and I AM going to get better soon...AND I lost the weight I gained over the weekend. So I am back on track. Still at 13 pound weight loss start date on that was 11/2 and that's without a whole lot of working out so I am hopeful for the next coming weeks when I am able to work out that more weight will come off. I was thinking about bringing my bike to work and go for an early morning bike ride since I get here at 5am (take a bike ride on my break). But not till I get better of course. We are also going to clean out my garage this weekend so I can actually use my eliptical machine. Then I have Curves as well. The new goal I am setting up for myself is to be down to 205 by Christmas. I fit into my size 14 jeans this morning. Plan is to continue to eat healthier while I am recovering and then slowly start to work out again.

This morning I got up and felt a piece of paper stuck to the bottom of my foot, I looked, picked it off and it read "He lives". Alexis made bookmarks for my bible, she made a bunch of them and wrote "He Lives" so somehow one of those ended up stuck to my foot. I got on my knees and prayed. I think she really has a heart for God and I am SO thankful to Him for that. I watched her as we were reading the bible two nights ago and she looked very interested and could not wait for her turn to read. As we went over what we had just read, she just nodded her head in understanding and finished my explanation (to show me that she knew and I didn't have to explain). I am a happy and proud mom and very glad that God has provided for us so that we have been able to enroll her in a bible believing Christian school. I read this in the Greg Laurie devotional I get daily and use it now in my praying.

When you take time to pray, consider this idea. It's an acrostic, the word ACTS. Each letter stands for a specific aspect of prayer, arranged in a natural order:
A stands for adoration or worship.
C stands for confession.
T stands for thanksgiving.
S stands for supplication.

So when we pray, we begin with adoration. We begin by recognizing to whom we are speaking. It is our Father in heaven--not our butler in heaven, not our servant in heaven, and not our vending machine in heaven. We are speaking to the Almighty God, the Creator of the universe. This puts things into perspective.

0 comments: