12/09/2005

My bike


It's raining today. Totally did not expect that. I realized last night that I have not watched TV all week. Maybe it's cause I don't have any cable anymore. When we moved into to our house the cable was already hooked up. I never got a bill. God convicted us quite a bit on gettin' the free cable and we thought several times about just calling them to come and hook it up legitly ya know..but they beat us to it LOL...I guess someone near by moved in and they got their cable hooked up and disconnected everyone that was not on their "list" of paying customers. It was a relief. I have been meaning to call but we do hardly watch TV anymore. It's just so raw nowadays. It's like the commercials are crazy! They'll be some naked chick or someone making out and you watch it thinking "what are the trying to sell"? and it will end up being a gum or deodorant commercial. What the?? My daughter does miss watching Animal Planet, she was getting addicted to that show though so she has been reading A LOT. Anytime she's not running around doing something for me, she will lay on her bed and read. ;-) ANYWAY, the point was, I did not know it was going to rain because I didn't watch the news. BUT I still brought my bike. My hubby put on the bike rack and my Specialized bike (that I had to buy on Lay-away, yes they still have such a thing called lay-away). He put air in the tires cause it had been THAT long since I last used it. I made him put it in the house overnight because even though the bike rack has a lock, I didn't feel comfortable leaving my expensive bike out on the streets of Long Beach. We don't live in a bad neighborhood, but still.

OK so I didn't stick to the original I am gonna work out for 50 hours a day plan (ok 2 hours a day) because I have been TIRED...so I have gone home, cleaned, cooked and nap time instead of work out time. But that's ok, I need to rest. Last night as my husband was begging me to stay up with him to wrap presents I broke it down to him, I sleep 6 hours Monday through Friday (from 9pm if I am lucky to 3am), he gets to wake up 2 hours later which means he gets 10 WHOLE hours more of sleep. WHOA! Which also means that he get a whole day and a half more of sleep that I do! What? After he heard my little bell go off in my head, he was like "ok ok ok, go to sleep baby". That's what I thought.

Ok so back on subject, I am going on my bike ride today, fo sho' at 7:30. It stopped raining and hopefully it will stay this way but it's only 5:58 right now so we will see. I bought salmon steaks yesterday, a HUGE thing of yummy salad mix, some grilled ready to eat chicken, brought some pineapple for desert and my non-fat Bernstein's salad dressing which is delish (seriously it is and I hate low-fat low carb whatever dressings). Ok I am off to enter my food and execercise for the day on FITDAY.com. Oh Sarah at work got saved yesterday & Connit got saved on Wednesday, praise God!...I have to write about that here too...tomorrow...

James 1:5 says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." Or, as another translation puts it, "If you need wisdom—if you want to know what God wants you to do—ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking" (NLT).

0 comments: