11/03/2005

Short Term Goals



I am setting short term goals from now on. Although I see people do this often and seem more successful I shun the idea thinking that if I tell myself that I have 70 pounds to loose that it will motivate me, I am wrong. What happens is when I do loose 3 or 4 pounds and it seems like it's just a tiny bit off of that HUGE 70 pounds and I will never get there. I have been sick for about a week now and yesterday I was going to start Lindora over again (yes again) and I thought well I should just wait till after the holidays cause I have to give myself that pigging out holiday time. WRONG! If I do that I will gain the little 5 pounds that I have lost and gain probably 10 more pounds in the process.

Soooooo...with Lindora I CAN loose about 5 pounds a week if I stick closely to it. I got my protein bars and protein soups in the mail and I can BEGIN! So today is Protein Day 1. I am going to take my daughter out candy selling for her school and plan to walk quite a bit. After this nasty cold/flu and cough go away I am hitting the gym baby! Once my husband gets home from work I am getting on my bike and going for a bike ride for 20 minutes. So I have a plan and I am gonna do this "Short Term Goal" thing that works for lots of people for 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I want to take family pictures when we go to San Jose to visit my family so hopefully I will look thinner. Oh PLUS I am going to take my 30 minute walk with Laura at work Monday through Friday. She is going on a cruise and is SO totally motivated to loose weight AND she is doing Lindora too. I am so exited!!!

0 comments: