11/04/2005

Do I smell competition??!!




Ok so Laura (pictured to the left) which is a co-worker and now close friend of almost 5 years and I are competing to loose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving. We were IM'ing each other yesterday and we were talking about being motivated about loosing weight and I said "Do I smell competion"? and her reply was "Bring it on sister". Man that was enough for me. I love a nice friendly competition...so since I did not weigh myself yesterday morning I did so when I got home and I actually had gained 1.6 pounds back so I was at 234.6 so this morning I weighed myself and I was back down to 233. But I am not counting that extra weight...maybe just water weight or something. I dunno. Anyway, I am super excited about this. I am still flippen sick and when I got home yesterday I had plans of walking and bike riding but before I left work yesterday I started to get a fever then I got a headache. I took some tylenol when I got home an hour later and laid on my bed with Alani and all she did was smack me, pull my hair and pounce on me....this entire time I would yell out from my bedroom door to Alexis "are you almost done cleaning your room??!!!" when she was done she ran in as always to rescue me from the brat. Man she is such a great help! I love her to pieces. Sometimes I think I am too hard on her. I try not to expect too much of her. She is another HUGE reason I want to loose weight. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with her and kids born from a diabetic mother tend to be obese as adults. She is chubby and I want to help her eat better. I am allowing her to one indulge on ONE thing per day and the rest has to be healthier food. We can still go to McDonalds once in a while and eat chips and dip...KEY WORD = ONCE IN A WHILE. God bless. I prayed once again this morning and asked God for help and this is what He gave to me. Isn't God good!?

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."
Psalm 34:4-7

0 comments: