1/23/2013

37 weeks

Went to my Dr. appt today (1 day early-rescheduled due to having to go into office tomorrow) and baby is weighing about 6 lbs 7oz. (if I'm not mistaken) and he's actually smaller than I thought! I REALLY need to go back and look at Gabriel's ultrasounds although I don't think I was as good about writting down his weight on the ultrasound images the Dr. would print out for me as I was with Alani since I got pregnant pretty close of when Alani was born. Anyway I gained like 2 pounds, was 240.6 so it's more like 2.4 cause last week I was 238.2. I need to stay away from that mexican sweet bread plus I've been eating something at night every night. I wake up super hungry and can't go back to sleep unless I have some cereal or slice of bread with peanut butter. I need to watch it this week not really cause I care about gaining another pound or two but because I don't want him to get so big these last couple of weeks. Next week I'll be 38 weeks and Dr. is going to rupture my membranes. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! He said usually after he does that women go into labor within 48 hours. That means that he would be here like on Saturday 2/2 which I think is Super Bowl sunday. I told my husband that would be kinda cool cause we'd be watching the game at the hospital and we could just chill there. I think I'd be able to go home on Monday. But you know what they say about plans. If the membrane sweep doesn't work though I think he'll be born more on the 8th or 9th which would be the next week (at 39 weeks). Alani was born at 39 weeks 3 days but my water actually broke at 39 weeks 2 days and I was pretty healthy with her like I am now with this one so I don't think Dr. will push for induction at my 39 week appt (2/7). I think he'll let me go until baby is ready then will talk about induction IF I was to make it to my due date on 2/14. I really don't think so. I told Serg that I feel like my water bag is bulging when I go to the bathroom. He told me I better pack my bag and doesn't think I'll make it to next week's appt. for some reason. I think he's just getting really excited. I'm suree I'll make it till next week's appt. Whenever he IS born, I'm still excited and can't wait to see him! I'm in the home stretch!

0 comments: