1/03/2013

34 Weeks update

I had a Dr. appt yesterday and I was terrified because my BMI scale showed a 7 or 8 pound weight gain from 12/5 to 1/2/13 so I thought I'm in big trouble with Dr. I usually try to wear THE lightest clothing possible lol to minimize the weight gain on the scale but I wear the same things over and over again, mainly the skirts with different tops but still...so yesterday I wore my Old Navy dress again that I wore out for my birthday cause it was already ironed and it's super comfortable. I put my hair up in a ponytail and straightened it. Weight on scale actually only showed a 4 pound weight gain which is exactly on point (1 pound per week gain). The Dr. said he was "surprised" being that it was the holidays and everyone was coming in with larger than normal weight gain so that God! My appointments are now weekly though so I REALLY need to be good and I have an NST appt. today at 4pm. He weighed the baby and he said he was 5 pounds 2 oz which is very much on point. I told him about the weight "estimate" he had given me with Gabriel and that he ended up weighing 2 1/2 more pounds than he had estimated...he said something interesting and I think I actually read it somewhere..he said our weight "estimate" at 34 weeks is actually the last "actual" baby estimate they can give. Anything past 34 weeks could be off by 2 pounds SO if I keep my sugars in check and my eating in check from now until I give birth the baby SHOULD weigh about 8 pounds 4oz or so. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. He would be my smallest baby which should be an easier delivery. I am going to try hard (as I think back to the 1/4 of a meatball sandwich for breakfast....it was SOOOO good though). My sugars were 96 fasting this AM but I got up at 3am and had a cookie and some milk because baby was going nuts. My sugars were prob low...he usually gets up when they are really low or really high. Serg and the kids went up to Big Bear/San Bernardino Mountains yesterday with Chanton where Alexis is at Winter Camp and they had a ball. This was the first time they had been in the snow so they were SO excited when they got back home they were all talking at the same time about how cool it was. I hope we can go back at least one more time before the baby is born when there is more snow so they can enjoy themselves. Not so sure though because I know time is going to FLY by. I was home yesterday just working. I cleaned up after work, folded clothes, made myself some hot wings for dinner with rice and maccaroni and cheese (my Dr. appt days are my days off-cheat days). I watched a few episodes of The First 48 and a Criminal Minds with Alani. I slept on her bed with her for a few hours cause Sergio was knocked out on our bed and was so tired he was snoring LOUD. Their new bed is firm so I eventually came to my own bed. My alarm clock is off 1/2 hour so I got up and clocked in to work late...oh well. So this week I'm going to work out everyday and try to be really good with eating. I don't want to gain any weight this week or just a minimal amount of weight...like 1/2 a pound vs. 1 pound since I'm a little over..I was reading the "weight gain" guidelines yesterday and for 34 weeks it says I should have gained 21-27 pounds and I think I've gained 29. It's not a big deal at all because this is the smallest amount of weight I have gained with ANY of my kids but I do want to try hard to eat healthy and work out to keep my sugars on the lower end. One thing I did notice was that my blood pressure was a little high when the nurse first took it, it was 136 over something...she retook it though and it went down to 123 or something like that. So I need to lay off the salt too and I'll probably take 3 BP pills at each meal time to keep it in check. We'll see. Ok well boring post but wanted to document... Hospital tour is coming up soon! Next Tues!!

0 comments: