4/05/2010

Lovely progress

When I first started to eat healthier...which was only one week ago I thought I was going to be able to start doing this....but I've had times of doubt a few times but only for quick seconds... I tell myself this is NOT temporary. I mean, this is a "healthier eating" like no other because my thinking is, this is the way I have to eat forever. Processed food is something my body can't process. All these years I've know that I should probably just eat healthy/organic but I've always said that I could not afford it. It's actually a lot cheaper for me! On saturday I cleaned out all my cupboards. I do have sugar and flour and stuff but that's for chuch baking/functions and my husband likes homemade cookies. I know later I can start to figure out what stuff is good for baking that I can have. Right now, my concentration is not what sweets I CAN eat or how I can prepare something sweet for me to eat. I am learning what FOODS to cook for myself and what snacks are do-able on my crazy schedule.

I went to an outdoor market where I can get fresh organic fruit and veggies for cheap. I got 2 eggplant, 6 zucchinis, 6 yellow squash, green onions, jalapenos, 6 cucumbers, tomatos, apricots, plums, grapes and a few other things for $11! Can't beat that. I grilled most of the veggies this weekend on the grill, brushed them with some EVOO and Balsamic vinaigrette and some organic seasonings and they are SUPER good.

I started to weigh myself. I wasn't at first, I guess I was skeptical that cutting flour and sugar but eating all this other stuff would help me to lose weight. Like all there other overweight people this is like my um-teenth attempt. Anyway, I weighed in all weekend at 239.6 and had been there since Friday. I was pretty active on Saturday, like all day and I finally saw some movement on the scale this morning. I am down to 237.2. I can't wait to get into the 220's again. I haven't seen them for a while. I don't think people will notice until I get down to about that much. When they weighed me at Dr. Thropay's office, with clothes and all, I weighed in at 246. That was Thurs, March 25th. A lot of water weight I'm sure but I'm feeling my belly go down. So I am promising to work in at least an hour of workouts per day. I'm walking on my breaks and when I get home I'll really try and sneak in a walk, take my poor doggies for a walk. It was pouring rain earlier but it's gone down. I need to find the darn treadmill in our building though.....it gets hot in this area and although we now have showers...I don't really have all that time. Anyway...I'm all over the place today.

My sister is coming today or tomorrow. She was IN Ensenada when the 7.2 earthquake hit yesterday and my mom and dad are super worried about her. She called and said her and her 3 boys where ok. Hopefully they are....Alani and I got on our knees last night and prayed that they got here safely.

God Bless. Be back later this week.

0 comments: