1/11/2008

Workouts & Food.....and marriage

I went to workout yesterday after I got off work and it felt great! I can't wait to get some of this excess weight off of me so I can get the courage to use the exercise ball and some other cool stuff they have. Right now I am working on just cardio although I will start some strengthening workouts next week possibly even tomorrow Saturday. I'll go early so I don't flake out on doing some of those workouts.

Eating has been pretty good. I still think I snack too much and I am going to log my foods on Fitday right now to get a reality check. The food I pre-cooked the other day came in handy last night. I didn't have time to cook so I whipped out some frozen veggies and steamed them and heated up the chicken. I made a spring salad (salad is chopped and washed already) and made my own dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. My husband even liked it! Lauren was here yesterday, she got sent home from school cause her shirt was too tight. She has big boobs for a 15 year old and they tend to be a bit sensitive to what she wears. She does it on purpose though cause she knows what clothes make her boobs stand out and the shirt that she had on yesterday was one of them. On the other hand though I understand where she's coming from. You can't wear a cute shirt without looking like you're trying to flaunt them. But oh well that's the life of a big breasted girl.

One of my good buds is having some marital problems and I feel for her because of the pain and suffering that one goes through during this difficult time. If I have any praying readers will you pray for her and her husband? We all have ups and downs in our marriages and it's just plain hard.

My marriage overall is great even though I have been complaining about my husband so much lately. I don't know if I am just extra sensitive because I started my monthly on Saturday. I mean the things that we go through are pitiful things. It's more like bickering and childish fights. I say that because we have gone THROUGH IT in the past. Our church actually saved us from divorce and is probably the reason why we are still married after 10 years. The things we have learned there took the attention off some of the happiness we expected to get out of this world but never found. Just when you think you have it all, you'll notice, there's something missing. That something is not materialistic either. Some people don't believe in God, but I on the other hand think He is THE almighty, like John 8:12 says "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

As I went to the alter yesterday at church, I prayed that He forgive me for not putting Him first in my life like I should have. We ask God to do things for us and to help us through this and that and we haven't felt His presense because we have not sanctified ourselves. We are so filthy in our lives, we are so involved with the things of this WORLD that we don't realize when God's trying to speak to us. I am going to start listening. I need Him now in my life more than ever and I hcan only pray that He shows up. God Bless.

0 comments: