8/13/2007

Yard Sales

I'm obsessed with Yard Sales right now. This weekend I went on a few and I met the weidest lady ever. This lady was having the yard sale and she came off as wealthy (nice house big HUGE rock of a wedding ring). She came up to me when she noticed I was looking through the boys clothing and told me her life story in like 2 minutes (you know the type of lady I'm talking about right? Just really trusting). Anyway, she said she had a friend that was also a flight attendant and that she was married to this ubber rich guy and was looking for someone to give boy clothes to that would appreciate them (me! me! me!) the only thing that I think came out of my mouth was "Oh??" she continued to give me her friends number and I thought "but what if this other woman is not as friendly and chatter-box-y as her"? I haven't called because I can't seem to get myself to call and say something like "Hi I heard you were giving away boy's clothing". Ok so I won't sound that ghetto but ya know....maybe I'll do it maybe I won't. I've always managed to keep my kids clothed on a very strict budget and always used clothing. I just got Gabriel some cute Gap shorts for 50 cents and Alani some super cute Gap kids pink tennis shoes for $1. So we'll see, free clothes sounds tempting. :-)

This weekend we went out for breakfast and I cheated *very little bit* and it was with potatos so it's not super bad but still. I felt SOOOOOO guilty eating them that I couldn't even enjoy them. All of us picked at our plate and we didn't even eat half of the country style sliced potatoes that are oh so good. I'm glad we felt guilty! But I truly believe we worked it off. We walked ALL day at the outdoor markets and even went fishing in the evening and my husband forgot to pack our chairs. My feet were KILLING me on Sunday morning.

Oh Sunday we were both working in nursery at church in the special needs class, and Carlos, he's blind and is learning how to pronounce his words,he kept immitating my husband and cracking up. He's 5 years old and he has a twin that's also blind but way way more mellow. Carlos is a little fireball. So he made me forget about my aching feet but when I got home I was in such a horredous mood. I don't think I have ever been so mean to my family and I am totally ashamed. Last night after church we sat in our living room and did some of our devotions and when we prayed together I asked God to help me with my temper. I lost it because I just felt overwhelmed at home. Our house is small and I had to keep telling everyone to clean up and it was just not good all the way around. I was a total witch and I don't know if it's PMS or what. I've totally repented and asked God for His help because I can't do this on my own. I need to appreciate my family, our health...just all of the blessing in my life! Anyway, I wrote most of the post above yesterday - I sort of spell checked it but not completely so forgive me and all my typos. I hope that today is another wonderful day. God Bless!

One of my favorite verses!
Isaiah 41:13
"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not, I will help thee"

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for your comment!!! It is good to hear from someone in the vast land of the WWW!!!

It is indeed a joy unexplainable to have Jesus' hand to hold. God bless you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers.

Julie said...

You know- receiving is harder than giving because you have to admit that you have a need. God uses people to do His work (ain't it grand?). I say give her a buzz... she'll be overjoyed at an opportunity to give (and you can look at it as an chance to give a stranger an eternal blessing).