2/21/2007

Starting off where I left off


Thanks Florence for the seasoning you gave me this morning. Smells good and I can't wait to try it tonight on some chicken breasts.

Ok so I weighed myself this morning and I am at 232.2 which I was SO happy about because that is the lowest weight I had gotten to a few weeks back. I went for a late bike ride yesterday with Leah and my butt is killing me! I knew it was gonna hurt but dang!! My inner thighs are sore too which is a good thing cause I got plenty of fat there! I had my yummy breakfast already and I am hoping for another good eating day today. I am going to try and low carb it all day so I can have my beloved tortillas at night - if possible. Last night I had some leftover chicken that Serg had grilled on the BBQ this weekend. I made a salad and some steamed veggies. MMM good. You know what the coolest thing is? My daughter Alexis is totally motivated to eating healthier. I can tell she is having withdrawals from cookies and junk though and I even said it was ok for her to take 2 Famous Amos cookies for lunch(sergio bought them) for lunch but she would not hear of it!! Lauren is also totally wanting to loose weight and eat much healthier than she has been so I want to work out with them to put some pressure on myself and help them burn some calories. This is going to be our schedule:

Monday - 1/2 hour walk at work & Eliptical machine for 30 min with Alexis and Lauren - to make it easier on them (yes...and me) we are going to each take our turn on the machine for 2 minutes intervals. At first I was thinking 5 minutes but it's going to be tough to stay on for 5 whole minutes at first. We need to work our way up first. Once the 2 minutes intervals become easier we will increase it to 3 minutes then 4 etc. When we get bored of this we can go bike riding.

Tuesday - 1/2 hour walk at work & 1 hour bike ride with Leah at 7pm.
Wednesday - 1/2 hour walk at work & Workout with Alexis and Lauren
Thursday - 1/2 hour walk at work - CHURCH night (will try and squeeze in a workout).
Friday - 1/2 hour walk at work & Workout with Alexis and possibly Lauren. She gets picked up by her step dad so I don't give her a ride home. Sometimes she does not though so on this day we will go bike riding once Serg gets home from work so he can watch the kids.
Saturday - Bike ride with Sergio, come home and go for bike ride with Alexis so I can get an extra workout and Alexis can get hers too. if Serg wants to sleep in or kick it at home me and Kid (alexis) can drive to the beach and go up and down those HUGE stairs and go for a 1/2 hour walk. Once we build up or stamina as well I want to ride my bike to the beach, go up and down those stairs AND ride back home.

Since I am incorporating people around me into my "healthy life" it totally seems like this is becoming so much more realistic. It's my home life that usually wrecks my plans so things are really looking up now that they willingly want to be a part of this with me!!

Also at church we formed groups with Ladies that wanted to be accountable to each other to loose weight. The leader of our group is Alma which is also my babysitter and the assistant pastors wife. She is motivating us spititually and she set up this friendly competition against other groups by earning points everyday and it works out so well. We get points for the following:

Prayer/Bible
Scripture Memory
Drinking 64 oz. water per day
Fruit
Veggies
Health Tape or book
30 minute exercise (3 pts per session)

I am actually going to put something like this together for Alexis and Lauren too. I think this will help them. What I will do is buy them an top (shirt)when they reach their first mini goal. The "prizes" will get better and better once they continue to reach their mini goals which I will help them set today.

I AM SO EXCITED!! I am excited for me and for the girls and about this whole thing. The best thing as well is I have Florence at work to totally support me (and me her but it seems like she supports me more)!! She saved me from Wendy's the other day and I am so glad she's there for me in one of the places where there are Donuts bagels and vending machines everywhere!!! Plus we go walking together when the timing for us both works. Ok well I guess that is it. The scripture that I must memorize this week is...

Isaiah 41:13
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear Not; I will help thee.


God bless.

0 comments: