4/04/2006

Freak out

So yesterday I had the biggest freak-out. I called my babysitter to let her know that my husband would be picking up my 1 year old from daycare as I was headed for the dentist to get my final tooth cap or whatever they call it on my tooth. So we hung up and all was well..that is until she calls me back and she says "You're not getting any fillings done at the dentist are you" and I said "no that's already been done". She was like "good because a friend of mine has a daughter that is autistic and they found high levels of mercury in her system so they think that this is why she is autistic". So I was like "no no I got my filling before I was pregnant"...so as I thought about it more and more, I started to panick because I was trying to think of WHEN I actually got my filling done on this root canal. So I dug up the receipt from that day and it said 2/3/06!!! I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant on 2/9/06!! So this whole time I am sorta freaking out, then I get to the dentist and while I was for 1 hour in the dentist chair for the dentist I read a sign over and over again "Root canal, and other misc. fillings may contain Mercury. Prop 65 reports that mercury in these fillings cause birth defects" blah blah blah...I sat there and thought about possibly having a child with birth defects or something like autism and I was scared initially but I had to say "Lord, I leave it all in your hands, you know what I can and cannot handle so let it be your will" I refuse to drive myself crazy with "what if's" for 26 more weeks. So I really felt God's hand on my heart and I felt better.

When the dentist came in I asked him "when did you actually fill IN the tooth, back in November when you initially did the root canal OR just this past February when you put the temporary tooth on there because I did not know I was pregnant the last time I came and I have been reading your signs about Mercury fillings etc". He said "no the filling I put in you does NOT contain Mercury. That also made me feel better. Thank you Jesus. This is not to say that I am going to have a "perfect" baby but that extra stuff is out of the way.

So anyway, I am super tired today. I went to bed early yesterday too and I am stil struggling to stay awake. I just got some coffee but coffee is nasty to me nowadays. I just basically drink it so I wake up. Anyway, it's raining where I work and not at my house. Weird. It's supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow. I can't wait for the summer now. Yeah right that's what I say now ;-)

God's Trade-In Plan

"He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."

Matthew 10:39

0 comments: