4/17/2006

Brain farts

Man I have been such an airhead lately. Like right now I was logging on to post and I could not remember my password. Let's see what to talk about first:

Easter - Easter Service at church was great. We had a good time in our Sunday school class, they hid eggs during service and it was fun despite being an adult...hehehehe. I didn't buy an Easter dress cause I still fit into a yellow long dress I have had with pastel blue flowers. I thought it was perfect. The girls looked cute. Alani wore a green pastel dress I bought her on Ebay for only .99 cents! and Alexis also wore a lime greenish dress that Serg bought her at Ross for $30. For Ross $30 is a lot so when I checked the original price it was like $89 bucks or something. I did her hair up in half a ponytail. I will post a picture later when I bring in the Sony camera. I have been using that camera lately because it seems to have a better zoom capability. Clearer pictures. When service was over I was a little sad because we did not have any plans to do anything. Everybody (around us as in other church members) talked about meeting up with family for brunch and when my daughter said "mom are we going to the park or SOMETHING? Like hide Easter eggs???" I thought "yeah what ARE we going to do"? Sad to say that we don't get together with my husbands family. Cindy his sister did not have her kids so she had all her single friends over and they were dancing and acting weird in her house. Totally not an "Easterish" mode. More like "YEAY we are FREE from kids this EASTER so let's celebrate Christ resurrection differently". Ok I will stop being hateful. I need too. I can't help it, it does bug me. It bugs me when we see people and they say "Yeah I've HEARD you're all into church N'stuff". His sisters tell everybody they know and we know that we think we are too good for them now that we go to church all the time. Yeah I feel like going over there and telling her how it is, but since I AM at church all the time and I KNOW how the bible tells me I should be, I am going to be the best person that I can be about this. Anyway, we ended up hooking up with Leah, her boys and the guy she is seeing from church Brother David (really nice guy) at the Signal Hill Park (overlooking the entire city of Long Beach) and the kids had a great time. Alani was a total candy monster. She was on a mission to eat ALL of the candy in her Easter basket which wasn't much but enough to be too much for her. She ended up only taking a forced 15 minute nap ALL DAY. The girls were happy about their Easter baskets which me and Serg put together. Nothing too expensive...just a few things to be satisfied with.

OK so I am going backwards to Saturday. We took the girls to the El Dorado Nature Center and walked (no kidding) about 7 miles all day. We walked INTO the parking lot, though to the entrance and walked about 1.5 miles inside. It was pretty cool. I think Alexis expected to be flocked by all sorts of animals and that wasn't the case but it was still cool to walk though what seemed like the woods. We saw birds, lizards, butterflies, fish, ducks and TONS of turtles. So cute...they originally wanted to go to the zoo but I don't really like the zoo. First off the animals are caged and they look sad and dirty all the time. Plus they are totally far away. AND....it's like $12 to get in. The nature center was F R E E. Now that Serg has no income we gotta to keep the spending to a minimum. Although we have been eating out a little too much. I have to keep food in the fridge or else we are not going to know what to do in 2 weeks.

Oh I got a new table at JCPENNEY....and man what a deal!! It was a $500+ table and each chair (on sale) was $100. BUT I got one on Clearance for $149 with 3 chairs. Ok so it was the old floor model and it's got a few dings. But the dings are few and totally worth it. It's a nice table. In our marriage we have always used a table that his sister Michelle gave to us (or that we rescued - long story) and 4 chairs my mother gave to me. Anyway now I just need to buy 3 more chairs but the lady at JcPenney is going to call us to let us know when they go on clearance. Is that nice OR WHAT?

What else???...oh this is my last week here at work...full time. I am praying to God that my work from home request goes through. Not sure what will happen if it does not. I will think positive and keep praying. When I start to work from home I will save over $100 on gas PER week. I will get 2 MORE hours of sleep in the AM and no afternoon commute. Man I can smell it now. I can actually smell the 2 pickles that I brought for lunch today (which other things of course).

My pregnancy obsession for the moment seems to be PICKLES and CARNE ASADA TACOS....MMMMM I am so sick in the head right now that I would eat these two together. Another good news is that I have not gained weight in 3 weeks I think. I am at 226 right now. So with this pregnancy I have gained 16 pounds and I am 16 weeks today... So that would be 1 pound a week. EEK. I need to make sure I STAY at 226 for a while. Being overweight as I am, the doctor will not require me to gain weight so I just need to watch it and work out like I did on Saturday.

I can't wait to be more pregnant. I just want the time to fly right now.

HE IS RISEN!!!

0 comments: