2/10/2006

New direction

It's funny how you can get wrapped up in life's little details and not notice the obvious. I went to my OB appointment, met with the REALLY nice nurse, then met Dr. Nelson and she was a SHE....I still have a phobia with men OB's for some reason. Anyway, she walked in, introduced herself, we talked about my weight loss and I told her what my goal was, we discussed my PCOS for a second, I had my list ready you know. I was ready to get on this PCOS subject then she says "well you are going to have to put a hold on your weight loss and stop taking Metformin" and I thought "Oh no she's a crazy wack doctor) she continued...."because you are expecting". I SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY almost passed out right there sitting on the examining table. My reply to her was "WHAT"!??!? I truly did not know what was happening. I was confused. How? Come again. I felt like saying...ok let's just pretend you didn't say that. Let me pee in that cup of yours again cause we weren't even going to do the pee test since I do not ovulate. But the nurse said, at the last minute, "well...um...let's just do one because that's protocal". I said "eh sure" sorta like "well ok but you're wasting your pregnancy test"......***sigh** and now here I am, pregnant.

I am gonna have 3 kids. WHOA. The thing is, God was preparing me for this news ALL week!! I was loading Alani's baby pics to FLIKR and I got kinda sad cause I know I would wait longer than I should to have another baby. She was so little! I know I would not take that step to trying again. So *I* think I am about 8 weeks pregnant, due date would be 9/17/06. Ok well I got work to do so will come back later.

1 comments:

Dee said...

OH wow! it's funny how life happens when we make other plans hehe... super neat you were so organised tho! Even if it still threw you in a spin.

CONGRATULATIONS, although unexpexcted babies are always blessings... so amazing heh.