2/24/2006

Food....

This morning I asked God for help in my eating. I have just been eating too much and not very healthy foods. Like last night I got up and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and since we were fresh out of milk I poured myself a glass of grape/cranberry juice. I remember doing this when I was pregnant with Alani and I didn't like it very much. I stopped doing this of course after I started with the diabetic monitoring but in the beginning like the first 4 or 5 months of my pregnancy I put on an easy 15 poounds. I don't want to do that this time but if I continue like this I am going to end up there really quickly.

This morning I got up with the worst stomach ache (not baby stomach ache) and man..(warning gross post ahead)..I din't think a human body could hold this much gas. I was starting to get scared, it just would NOT stop!!! I got to work and BARELY made it to the bathroom and I am very happy to say that I feel SOOOO much better. I read that during pregnancy the digestive system slows quite a bit. I am starting to see that now.

I have TONS of frozen veggies in the fridge at home so I have healthy food. I just need to go and buy some salmon and some tri-tip steak so I can have my hubby BBQ it and I can have food for the week. I know tri-tip is higher in fat but it's delish and I figure if I eat that, it beats eating a cheeseburger, taco bell, chips and junk of that sort. I also have a huge bag of salad that's just sitting in the fridge....staring at me. So this weekend I think I will try and purchase these things so we don't go out to eat. My hubby has to work Saturday (tomorrow) so it looks like I am cleaning house and watching the girls.

Alexis has been really whinny lately and Alani is just driving me nuts, she's been sick though so she has an excuse but Alexis, she's just being whinny. I will probably take them to the park or out somewhere. All we have been doing all week is going home, cleaning, eating dinner, read our bible (most days) and go to bed. So I am sure they are tired of the routine. Maybe we will just walk to the park. That way I get a work out in there somewhere.

Alright well that's it I guess. Have a good weekend. This is the verse I really need to take it.

"I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."

— Job 23:12

0 comments: