2/11/2013

39 weeks 4 days & Induction day!

At my last 39 week Dr. appt I went in there with assurance that I had indeed dilated and THIS time the doc would be able to strip my membranes and the baby would have been delivered for SURE this weekend. That would not be the case. I was only 1 fingertip dilated making membrane sweep impossible but I did make a little progress with effacing from 50% last week to 70%. My induction date was scheduled for 2/11 and I just had this strong feeling that I would not make it to that day. Well here we are and this is the last time I will be waking up pregnant....on 2/11. I am going in to Labor and Delivery at 7:30am. I am not sure what I'm feeling right now. I've always said that "birth day" is my very favorite day. I get to meet my new son, and I will be back to "normal". I'm actually a little bit scared which I really wasn't with Gabriel. I think it was because I had such a miserable pregnancy with him and no amount of pain I was up against could be worse that all the things I went through with him. This has been a great pregnancy....the end was harder because of contractions and such but I can't really complain toooo much. I missed church the past few weeks and that was just because I could not bear sitting there going through contractions and people constantly asking "WHEN WHEN WHEN"....so annoying. Anyway, I'm getting ready to head out now. I'm hoping this baby will be no more than 8 1/2 pounds but we shall see. The past few weeks I really felt him fatten up. I wasn't so great at keeping my weight under control these past 2 weeks. I think I am up to about 245. The limit I had set for myself was 241. Close enough but still makes it 40 pounds gained. That's quite a bit. I hope I come out 25 pounds lighter!! Ok out!

0 comments: