12/13/2012

50 pound weight loss 2012 then baby #4

After new Years 2012 I started my weight loss journey and lost almost 50 pounds. Then on June 8th I found out I was expecting baby #4. I am now 31 weeks along....and time has really flown by. I should have a new baby by the end of next month or early Feb and it's a little bit surreal. I have eaten lots of junk this pregnancy but not all day everyday and I have consistently worked out my entire pregnancy which I have NEVER done...like ever. My last pregnancy I documented here on my blog and from the looks of things I was pretty miserable. I gained what looks to be about 50 pounds. I didn't document my actualy weight gain but from piecing things together thats about how much I gained it really looks like I wanted that baby out by now. This pregnancy has been MUCH more pleasant and I think it's because I have really worked out and eaten a healthier diet. Right now I am on 61 units of NPH insulin at bedtime and on 10 Regular insulin before lunch. I am thinking I need to go up soon because my fasting numbers are creeping up to the 100's again. The only other thing I can really complain about is some sciatic nerve pain down my lower back and right leg, leg cramps at night and just being HUNGRY at night. The earlier I go to bed the safer I am. My weight gain: I am at about 232-233 as of today. My last Dr. weigh in was 231 and that was last week. I think I'm more 232 because I had Panda Express last night so scale read 233.8. I'll re-weigh tomorrow. I've been working out for 1-2 hours a day for 3 days straight. I took a workout break after last Wednesdays Dr. Appt. I usually eat crappy for 2 to 3 days after my appt. then I'm more strict for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before my next appt. lol.. My start weight was 205 so I have gained a total of.... 27 pounds and I OFFICIALLY have 9 more weeks to go. So if I allow myself to gain the "1 lb per week allowance" I will be at 36 pounds gained = 241 which will STILL be almost 10 pounds LESS than what I was NOT PREGNANT at this exact time last year. Crazy considering I will probably have an 8-9 pound child in my stomach, extra blood volume, placenta and everything else that is in there pregnancy-related. I am praying to God that I lose about 25 pounds right off the bat. That would leave me with only 11 pounds to lose before I get back to 205. THAT would be excellent!! My next Dr. Appt is on Jan 2nd and I'll be 34 weeks. I believe I start my NST appts at that time which will be twice a week according to my Dr. We are getting excited and nervous at the same time!!

0 comments: